Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Barnyardmare

Returning from a Long Hiatus

Wow, it has been a very long time since I have come to this site, several years to be exact.  So much has happened to me and I won't go into that for now.

I finally after fifteen years of actually writing all my cowboy misadventures down, have organized them into a book form, along with my poems and I am starting to look for a software program that will allow me to format into book form for POD.  I am also looking into printers as I think I would like to start my own publishing organization.  I am currently Looking at InDesign as the format program but the money is an issue at the present.

I am hoping to return more often now as I am trying to get away from the stupidity of Facebook (even though I need it for my business), my personal page is getting to be limiting as I was banned from linking my political, sarcasm web blog.  I guess snowflakes are offended by my refusal to be politically correct.  I believe if you are politically correct, you aren't truthful.

• Like 2

Hey, Barny! So good to see you! Yes, InDesign is heralded as the best. So glad to you decided to rejoin us. :D

1 hour ago, Barnyardmare said:

I am starting to look for a software program that will allow me to format into book form for POD.

Welcome back!

There are probably many other options for print formatting. I use one of the templates from this website. They can be used in Microsoft Word or Indesign, and are fully customisable. In my opinion, they look very clean and professional.

Many other writers I know use Vellum. It creates beautiful books, but costs $249 for the print option, and only runs on a Mac. There are workarounds that can enable you to use it on a PC, though.

5 minutes ago, EBraten said:

I use one of the templates from this website.

Glad you mentioned that, EB. I've bought from them as well, though I haven't used it yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EBraten said:

Thank  you for the advice!

Welcome back!

There are probably many other options for print formatting. I use one of the templates from this website. They can be used in Microsoft Word or Indesign, and are fully customisable. In my opinion, they look very clean and professional.

Many other writers I know use Vellum. It creates beautiful books, but costs $249 for the print option, and only runs on a Mac. There are workarounds that can enable you to use it on a PC, though.

20 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Oh, btw, we had a fun cowboy thread you might to read. Here :D

I just went to that thread and enlightened everyone on what I thought centered and focused means in cowboy terms.

Also, I am officially a cowboy poet on the national level, having placed third in the Rising Star division of the National Cowboy Poetry Rodeo in 2019!  I hope I can post some of my cowboy poetry, most of it is fun stuff and a couple serious poems as well.

• Like 1

Hi! Congrats on your achievements!

Love what you said about political correction.  The great actor Charlton Heston once said that "Political correction is tyranny with manners." 

Hi Barny, welcome back to Christianwriters! It is great to have you here again!