Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
yawarakai

Update on life

Well things have finally slowed down at work because we lost 2 accounts and we now have enough people.  I am working all three shifts each week but have a day between each shift sort of.   The wheel bearings in my car went bad in the front so I took it to a friend to work on it and fortunately I am on nights right now so I can borrow my sister's van to get to work. Hopefully he can get the new bearings in, they need a press to get them in now and it is not an easy job.

I have my firearm re certification on April 3, I should get to a range.  I have not shot in a year due to cost.  Ammo and range time are expensive and I have been in negative income all year.  I finally just started catching up a little with the end of the car payments but of course now it is repairs.

I had to go get our neighbor the other day, my grandma's wooden chair that my mom uses as a desk chair shattered.  The chair is 80 years old.  My neighbor helped me get my mom off the ground and onto the bench.  They go to a church we used to go to when it was smaller years ago.  Before he left he gabe my parents his cell number to call if they need help.  He has gone over to my aunts and shoveled her walks and mowed her lawn.  Ordered a new chair off of Amazon, a church chair for $60.

The guy working on my car got the parts together today but couldn't put them on the car as he hit himself in the face with a part working on it.  He can't concentrate through the pain meds the doctor gave him so another day before i get my vehicle,  But I am on nights tonight so I can still use my sisters van

Oh, dear! Poor man! Owie!

So glad you have such a generous and kind neighbor. Praying it all works out. :)

Care repairs have a way of sneaking up on you. Hope your firearm re certification goes well for you. Praying for you too.

I got my car back and the bearings he got from the store were bad, so it is back in his yard for repairs.  I have been driving my parents vehicle since they are not going out during the virus time.  Yesterday when driving in the rain the wiper motor burned out on me and I had to drive 30 miles home in heavy rain with no wipers.

Well the good news is I got a delivery of TP from Amazon.  So we are no longer down to 3 rolls. They are the Jumbo Industrial rolls, but anything that works.  The other order of TP for 20 rolls of regular 3-ply for $45 when I checked the shipping is only 10 rolls.  I am going to process a return for price gouging on that one.  I can see adding a little for 20 rolls and shipping costs but not that much for 10. 

The wipers got fixed, a new motor was put in.  As for the firearm test coming up in April, right now there is a run on ammo. 😞

Got my car back again so I am feeling happy about that.  Our state shut down all traffic now except essential personnel.  I am essential according to my company, even if my paycheck doesn't show it.

My firearms re certification has been cancelled due to the shutdown.  I am on te list for one of the first classes after it reopens as I put down a deposit of the full price instead of 50%.  The state will extend cards and certification for those unable to to take class during this time.