Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
miss.ethereal.wings

Any Christian Role Players Here?

Hi, My name is Chloe. I'm 21 and was wondering if there were any other writers around my age here who likes to role play write stories?

The stories don't always have to be based on biblical stories, but I'm looking for other Christians who share the same values personally to write with. It is often hard for me to find others similar to myself in this regard but I guess from here I will just leave this in the open. (Writing a story about God, angels, etc I am totally fine with too)!

How long have I been writing?

Probably 5 years... give or take time for hiatus where I wasn't writing all that much. Despite any rules I might have, I am generally very open to role-play plots but there must be creativity and effort in the responses. The more effort each person puts into their writing, the more entertaining it can be. Of course, sometimes things aren't necessarily going to be lengthy in response so at this point I don't really have a rule on post length... but generally strive for 3-5 sentences at least! :)

Writing Partner Age Range?

Generally around my age would be great. 19-27 years of age works fine.

To know more about my general guidelines please message me. I will say up front that I do not write romance with another user and generally, everything is kept SFW in the sexual department. As far as violence goes, this is acceptable within reason. As far as "magic" goes I do not feel comfortable writing witchcraft or spells, but natural-born abilities (like Elsa has for example, lol) are acceptable.

What genres? Any, really. I've mostly written a majority of Sci-Fi, Fantasy. Time period? Any. I've done writing for generally every time-period setting including post-apocalyptic and apocalyptic.

Just throwing this out there cause it has been very difficult to find other Christian writers?

• Like 1

Sorry that I can't help you with your writing exercise, but I do want to welcome you to ChristianWriters. You should go to the Meet and Greet section of this site and properly introduce yourself. Best wishes on your writing!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Chloe,  just a little heads up, age doesn't matter as much as you think. I'm 24 inside. I'll be 64 outside soon. But I still get stuck forever forgetting I'm not really 24 anymore. Feel the same on the inside, except for that arthritis. (That wasn't around yet back then. :$)

About 10 years ago, we could have partnered. Matter of fact, RPGs helped me define my character. Preferred adventure stories; not mysteries or romance, however, Spaulding was always the only 8-9 year old teddy bear in the adventuring party. Most others in the party were humans, often young female warriors, (or old female warriors, if you asked Spaulding), but there were occasional orcs and cats. After all, it was back in the days of Elder Scroll IVish.

I can't join you now, but don't close off to the possibility that someone of a different age wouldn't understand. After all, I really was your age when DnD was created. And Spaulding saved the world more than once. Just not this world, yet. 😊

Oh this was my character and Spaulding in Morrowind/Elder Scrolls, before I started writing fiction. (I forgot the name of the merchant in the background.)

Morrowind.JPG

Edited by Spaulding
Wanted to add picture
  • Like 2

Welcome, Chloe! I'll move your topic over to meets & greets so everyone can give you a proper welcome. 🙂

Yes, we do have roleplayers around here. I've also found that roleplay is very helpful in defining characters.

I'm currently working on a project for people just like us--who enjoy roleplay, but want to stay away from any darker and NSFW type topics. The site is currently in beta and very small, with most of the roleplays private. However, I'm happy to invite you (and any others) over to test it out.

If you (or anyone else who reads this) are interested, please just let me know here in this topic.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard!!!

This is a nice friendly place where you can hone your writing skills and meet new Christian friends.

Welcome to our writing family, MEW (your new forever nickname). Glad you joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 1

Hi Chloe, welcome to Christianwriters! It is great to meet you, and have you here!

• Like 1

Welcome, it's nice to meet you. And no, you are not the only one. 

• Like 1