Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Greetings fellow Christian writers,

As a point of introduction I suppose past writing experience should be mentioned, in business a catalog, as a Principal of a private school an institutional procedures manual for pregnant teens to be home schooled and finish high school. Excitingly drab stuff!

Oh, I did ghost write a book that is in it's third printing which became very popular in Australia so was fortunate enough to spend six weeks there doing conferences without personal cost, nice benefit.

My degree is in theology yet on graduation I designed and build free standing oak stair cases in southern mansions (catalog).

One experience which created the deepest sense of Christ's compassion in my life was being a missionary to the Mesquito Indians in Nicaragua.

I hope each of you are doing well in your writing and inspiration flows.

• Like 3

Welcome to our writing family, James. Glad you joined us. You are quite diversified! ;) You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Eeewwww! Sorry. No. Never had the, uh, pleasure! ;):D

I completely second her reaction to that!!

Welcome and Greetings and WOW!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

thank you for the greet ally and KR nice to meet you both.

Actually the eye is a big eye with a socket around it and very nicely seasoned. It was really good. They know when you eat it properly because you end up spitting the socket out onto the plate. It means you didn't just swallow it.

• Like 1

I don't want to mislead anyone because of my opening post this didn't happen with the Mesquito Indians in Nicaragua. It happened on the island of Curacao' (spell) fourteen miles off the coast of Venezuela. while planting a church.

The big guy ate an eye then dropped the last one onto my plate. The other missionary with me must have seen my eyes get as large as the fish eye leaned into me and whispered this is a great honor. So.

I was surprised how good it was, I would have ate another one but there are only two to a fish.

Yes Lynn it did turn out nice for me which I was just as thankful for.

• Like 2

Nice to meet you Sarah,
Hello CT great to meet you too. Is that too suppose to have two o. I don't know.

Jared is a Godsend to this site, thanks for the welcome.

Thank you SFG.

• Like 1

Hi James. Your experiences sound like great material for several books, both kids' and adults'. I bet you would be a popular guest speaker, too, if you aren't already.  What is Nicaragua like?  I have been sponsoring a young lady in Managua for around 12 years, and the photos she sends me make me think it is must be beautiful--like a little bit of the Garden of Eden left over.

• Like 1