Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Hey everyone! Is anyone else doing #FaithPitch on Twitter this Thursday?

It’s a Pitch Party in Twitter for Christian Writers! You have four tweets throughout the day. Tweet a pithy premise for your finished manuscript using #FaithPitch and correct genre hashtags. Agents and Publishers go though the Tweets and like anything they want you to submit to them.

This is good because then when you send them your stuff, you get to put “Faith Pitch” in the subject line, and your email doesn’t go into the slush pile.

Of course, you need to check up on the validity of anyone who shows an interest in your work.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EBraten said:

I'm not. But I hope it goes well for you!

Thanks, EBraten!

• Like 2

PenName, Thanks for sharing this. I'm trying to connect with other Christian teen fiction writers on Twitter. I'll be on the lookout for this on Thursday. I'm still trying to learn Twitter. I didn't like it at all when it first came out. 

Sorry. I don't know how to insert names yet here, where they are highlighted in blue like I've seen on other posts. Sooo much to learn. 

• Like 1

Wow! This sounds so cool!!

I wish you all the best!!

I wish I could participate, but I haven't used Twitter much and am not too good at it. Nor do I have anything written ±100%.

• Like 1

My question is if agents and publishers actually go to Twitter to find manuscripts when they already have their slush pile of email and paper stuff.

1 hour ago, carolinamtne said:

My question is if agents and publishers actually go to Twitter to find manuscripts when they already have their slush pile of email and paper stuff.

My thought exactly. ???

1 hour ago, carolinamtne said:

Some people have actually picked up agents from Twitter pitch parties, not just #FaithPitch. You do have to be on the lookout for vanity publishers liking your pitch and getting your hopes up. Also not all Twitter users have caught on that hitting the like button for someone’s pitch is supposed to be reserved only for agents and editors. 
It is interesting to read through the pitches and see the difference between the successful and not-so-successful.

• Like 2

So how do agent and publishers get in touch with writers? Via PM? Do the authors of Faith Putch take commison if the writer signs up with an agent/publishers.

2 hours ago, carolinamtne said:

Yes, some do. (I haven't seen this particular Pitch hashtag, but I'm hooked up enough on Twitter to have seen both writers and agents get results through pitch wars.) If you can find the agents first on Twitter, you'll probably even catch their tweets about it sometime during the day.

18 hours ago, PenName said:

Hey everyone! Is anyone else doing #FaithPitch on Twitter this Thursday?

Not pitching, however, if you don't mind giving me your user name, I do retweet so writers get more exposures.

I'm @Spauldingtbear, if you rather do it more directly.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Love said:

Sooo much to learn.

I think I saw you figure it out in another thread, but all you do is put an @ symbol in front of the name. 😊

@Shamrock, participating agents or publishers tend to post at the beginning of the day regarding what to do if they like your Tweet ... that said the vast majority of people don't get a like. But there are success stories! For FaithPitch there's no commission. Not sure about others.

As for why they do it, @carolinamtne, I'm not sure - maybe they are looking for a quick way to see if there's anything fresh out there.

Thanks for the well wishes @KR LaLonde and thank you so much, @Spaulding! I just followed you on Twitter. I'm @headdeskliz

Edited by PenName
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ok. I have created a twitter account specifically for writing and 'followed' #FaithPitch.  I tried the link they give for the rules but it came up with a load of posts about various stuff but not rules for pitching.

Does anyone know what the rules are please?

I will probably just monitor this week's threads to get an idea rather than pitch myself.

my handle is @shamrock

Edited by Shamrock
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, KMK said:

No one ever @s me. I feel so left out.

It has only happened a couple of times for me. Unless I'm thinking of another forum I'm on. Then I'm not either.

5 hours ago, Shamrock said:

my handle is @shamrock

My inner editor keeps banging on the inside of my head so I'll tell you what's wrong with this short sentence. But I shall refrain from doing so. I try not to judge. ^_^

Also, I'm not going to share my handle because to do that implies I intend to use my Twitter account. I've actually been meaning to get rid of it.

9 hours ago, Shamrock said:

Ok. I have created a twitter account specifically for writing and 'followed' #FaithPitch.  I tried the link they give for the rules but it came up with a load of posts about various stuff but not rules for pitching.

Does anyone know what the rules are please?

I will probably just monitor this week's threads to get an idea rather than pitch myself.

my handle is @shamrock

No one tells rules on Twitter itself. That's for finding hashtags (and others.) Google #FaithPitch to find the rule. (I linked to their homepage. Link to guidelines on that page though.)

Ooo, and tried to follow you, but @shamrock is a popular choice, so couldn't find you. :$

@KMK and @KR LaLonde, you've been @'ed! Keep posting, more will happen! 😊

@Shamrock, I looked for you too but I can't find you. Let us know when you get your handle worked out. 

• Thanks 1

I realised when I looked this morning (Thurs 27th UK) that the pitch party is timed for USA. So I think I have missed this month's pitch. I too had difficulty in finding the guidelines but manged to get the three principle Dos.

1. Put the #FaithPitch  in otherwise it your pitch won't show up.

2. Put an age in i.e #ya #mg #a

3. Put a genre in i.e -  I had problems in working out what the given # were - I was looking for one for thrillers.

I assume you put a post up on your own account with the #FaithPitch for it to show up on theirs? I can see a dedicated link to a specific thread for the pitches. But I could be wrong.

@Shamrock, it actually starts in about 20 min. 😊

Threads on Twitter don’t quite exist. It’s more that hashtags create a search term. So, everyone who hashtags #FaithPitch today will show up for someone who searches that term. On Twitter, you actually can’t post on anyone’s account, you can only add hashtags or use that @ symbol to tag people like on here. 

Here’s the genre tags:

66DCC9AB-9A7D-4864-AF6D-EC76B50682C2.jpeg

• Like 1

I pitched today. No bites yet, but I wasn't entirely sure how well a Bible Study would go over with the agents. They seemed more interested in fiction.

• Like 1