Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
BKHunter

Leaving the Middle East, hopefully forever

I’m sure it’s no surprise to anyone who’s read my novel that I’m not a big fan of much of the Middle East. :) What I haven’t posted before is that I’ve been alone here for years while my wife and daughter, who wasn’t allowed to go here with me for medical reasons, have been in the USA. I was in the USA with them until two years ago (this has been going on for years), but was pressured to go back overseas again, without them (my job requires a lot of travel, to put it mildly).

My daughter was recently approved to go with me to a few select countries and I successfully applied to change my assignment this year. Hopefully, all goes well and we will be reunited this summer in Western Europe. We are still waiting for our daughter’s final acceptance in a school there, but are hoping and praying it’s coming soon.

• Like 2

Oh, my! Such long distance separation. Praying for the Lord to tie up all the ends and bring together the special answers you need. :)

• Like 1

Wow! What a time you have had these past few years. I will be praying it works out for you all. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the prayers. The school we want our daughter to go to has promised we'll hear back from them by the end of this week.

You know, I got the feeling your ME assignments weren't your favorite ones, and now it totally makes sense why.

It's hard to be apart from spouse and kids for even just a few months, let alone years. 

Best wishes for your daughter's health improving and for a placement at the school!

• Like 1

We just received the final acceptance letter for our daughter at the international school about two hours ago! This is a small, private school on the IB system (paid for by my employer), so my wife is thrilled and it looks like we are all set to go together to Western Europe this summer. Thanks for the prayers.

• Like 1