Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
KR LaLonde

New story plot

A new idea came to mind. It's not something "normal" for a lot of people today. But IMO it's fairly open to any and all who wish to participate.

Marriage between a Christian and a non-believer.

Except in this story, the Christian resists. What do you think?

So, a writer friend of mine on Facebook and I are discussing this. We might write it together. Co-authors of a Christian romance. The two of us. Wow.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KR LaLonde said:

Except in this story, the Christian resists. What do you think

It has been done before but that does not mean you shouldn't.

My advice would be to 1st be clear about who and what your non-believe is. Are they an agonist or atheist?  Were they brought up in a religious home (and if so which religion - it does not necessarily have to be a christian household - even if it was - which denomination or church tradition?) or not. There are plenty of books written that challenge the existence of God as well as one by people who were non-believers who came to faith.  

If they are to convince or try to convince their christian partner then you as the writer will need to be clear about what their argument is against Christianity and how they make their choice attractive enough for the christian character to potential be swayed by it.

If you have not read it I recommend The Shack - which does this very well using several religions including Christianity to create a kind of Nirvana. 

Research is going to be key to this story.

Good luck with it.

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2020 at 4:38 AM, Shamrock said:

The Shack - which does this very well using several religions including Christianity to create a kind of Nirvana. 

@KR LaLonde, I wouldn't read The Shack.  I've heard some really bad stuff about it.  It's basically a bunch of New Age writings disguised as Christianity.

• Sad 1

I've thought about reading/watching The Shack, but never have gotten around to it. It's not too available around here, anyway.

@HK1, thanks for the warning. :)

I usually watch "Christian" tv or movies assuming they probably won't be too close to the real thing. Except for the Left Behind series starring Kirk Cameron and now Sherwood Pictures.

Edited by KR LaLonde
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, HK1 said:

It's basically a bunch of New Age writings disguised as Christianity.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you here.  

You are correct it does include 'new age' ideology, but it also includes Buddhism, Hinduism and a dollop of native American Indian beliefs. I would argue about the writer passing all of these off under the sole label of 'Christianity' (which he also alludes too). The main notions of a monological God, suffering and evil,  & a paradise or Nirvana,  is commonplace amongst many other religions so you could say he does under the disguise of Buddhism. 

I only offered it up as a possible read simply because the nature of the thread, not to advocate as a philosophy or theology

11 hours ago, Shamrock said:

is commonplace amongst many other religions so you could say he does under the disguise of Buddhism. 

My problem with The Shack is that it is presented as Christian fiction and horribly distorts Biblical doctrine.  For that reason, I wouldn't recommend anyone reading it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.