Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Shamrock

beta reader Beta Reader for Child of No One

OK, I going to stick my neck out here.  I have never used a Beta Reader before - because I didn't know about them.

I have posted some extracts of Child of No One in the critique forum. Thank you to everyone who gave feedback. I am just finishing off giving it a proof-read via grammar program. It is at 70K at present. It's a thriller and a coming of age story set in Tennessee. 

I would hesitate to say it is ready to go out to submission which is why I would like someone to read it. There is just something that I feel is missing. I think it has something to do with the main character's faith journey but I am not sure.  I should point out that it is not a specifically christian writing. I aim for main stream and veer on the side of debate rather than preaching. The previous book I wrote (Demons) was a love story and thriller which explored how the main characters lost and found their faith after tragic incidents.  Child of No One is a thriller which focuses on the main character's sense of identity and place in the world.

There is mild violence, a wee bit of bad language and I tend to be a bit tongue in cheek about the church.

I am happy to read in return.  

You know, I was thinking about asking for beta readers for my story too...

I'm not quite finished posting on the Critique Forum (my plan is to share the whole thing there first) but I'm going to be done soon. 

Would you like to be one of my beta readers if I'm one of yours?

Hi, I would like to ... I have not had a ton of experience (I reviewed two books; then I recently learned I’m called a beta reader)..... so take my comments with a spoon of salt 😉

Hi Ora

Thanks for the offer.

I don't think I have seen you around much on the site. What kind of writing do you do or read? 

Hi Shamrock, I just joined in December and am now becoming more active on this site.  (My husband and I are caregivers for my elderly father- and we’re not spring chickens either 😂😂).  I do enjoy reading—I read mostly nonfiction, but also enjoy reading other genres such as mystery, poetry, sci-fi.

That's fine.

The site is pretty secure but I just wanted to check. I will PM you soon. Thanks for offering to read.

Ok I tried to respond in messages but I got an error saying I’m only allowed to send 0 messages daily🤣🤣anyway I got your message and I look forward to reading!!! I received both parts 1and 2. Thanks!!

• Thanks 1

Hmmm, since I can read your messages but I can't send you a message... would you mind messaging me with you email address and I will respond by email????  I did send a message to help to ask them to let me message people, but I suppose it could take awhile to fix.