Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
LostinFL

Honesty is the best policy

Hey everyone.  I'm not really a good Christian, I mean... I don't go to church or anything.  I'm not really a writer either, but I did have a story to tell which lead me here.

I'm not really anything, except one thing.  I've been a dreamer my whole life.  Whenever times got rough, my thoughts helped me find some way to cope.  Dreaming has helped me learn how to better learn.  After awhile, I had enough ideas in my head to form a story that I wanted feedback on. I also wouldn't mind just posting it publicly but I don't know where to do that.  If people like the kind of ideas I come up with, it would be great to work with someone.

The story is about the dangers of talking to a mad man.  I've written a ~6000 word story about it that I'd love to share.  Just don't know where.  Might take awhile for me to get 10 posts, I am often at a loss for words.

• Like 3

Hi!  Nice to meet you :D 

19 minutes ago, LostinFL said:

I'm not really a good Christian, I mean...

Oh, neither am I.  I don't think anyone on here would claim to be.  But we serve a Savior Who died for our sins and rose again for our justification.  Through believing in Him, we are made righteous before God. 

Again, great to have you here :D 

• Like 2

Welcome to our writing family, Lost. Glad you joined us. I pray the Lord becomes very real to you through those here who offer their comments. May you know true salvation, peace, and joy. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 2

I guess the best way for you guys to get to know me is through my writing. I'm going to try my hand at poetry to tell you who I am.  If this should have been it's own tread somewhere else, I apologize in advance.  I see it as my introduction continued.  Let's try it and see how it goes.  Time for me to lose myself in this moment.

If you doubt, read it and find out, you will learn what I'm all about.

I like to write my inspiration into the work.  Sometimes it doesn't fit perfect but I still want it to work.  I started with nothing, if I made something then, it just wouldn't work.  I had to get to work before I could work.
I became my own teacher and became a reacher of the highest heights imagination had to feature.  There is madness for sure, but a method may be pure.

It's like taking a test with no one to grade.  Did I ace it, or was every mistake plain as day?  I will never be able to see it, I need a better teachet.  History has yet to be made.

What I thought myself is here.  I await a grade from a viewpoint other than my own.  Without it I can never be fownd.

When you can hit a rhyme all the time without needing to stretch its direct.  If you have to bend to mend the music, I call it curve.  Something with out a perfect fit is sloppy.  All these things can be used to add variety to your words.

Music is structured, rhyming is too, but it doesn't have to be, abstract can also be true.

An off note can make a moment.  An intentional mistake can set the stage.  Without these things, we would be bored.

I don't mean to condescend, I've done everything I can.  My growth is stunned and my only option is to find you.

I don't mean to be untrue.  All I said was right, from my point of view.

To say more, would be to spoil.

Withholding can be necessary, so we can tell the story we want to.

Thank you, Quentin Tarantinu.  Obi-Wan Kenobi, may the force be with you.  Eminem, you are my man.  Don't worry, I am not Stan.  Imagine Dragons, you've got the right plan, like it or not.  Beastie Boys, I will never forget when you let the beat drop.

• Like 1

Hi Lost, 

I'm a dreamer too. And I write poetry, when I'm sad. It helps me feel better to let all the emotions out, like a good cry, but no tissues needed. I also have to figure out where to post my poetry. I haven't been here for a while, and everything changed. 

• Like 1

Love , there's a poetry group if you just want to share. Or the Reading Room. Or the critique forum for critiques. :)

• Like 2

Thanks Lynn! I'll find those places and the group. I'm excited to meet everyone, new and old friends. 

• Like 1