Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
passionforbooks

Memoir in need of beta readers

Hello all! How exciting to find a group of like minded, heartfilled souls :) I just received back my edited memoir and am looking for beta readers before I send to publishers. It is about a young girl (me :) )growing up in an abusive situation who must look to Christ for strength to survive and later heal.

I'm not sure exactly how this works, but looking forward to figuring it out and supporting each other. I'm very happy to read other people's work as well!

• Like 1

Thank you for the welcome :) After reading some other calls for beta readers, I realize that people usually put a synopsis. Here is one for my book...

Veronica is the youngest of three siblings living on an Air Force Base in rural Mississippi. When her parents divorce and neither want to take care of her, Veronica's life is ripped out from underneath her feet and a long journey of bouncing around the country to live with different people begins. Along her journey, she and her siblings encounter the underbelly of rural life in Mississippi, the dangers of the inner city gangs of San Antonio, Texas, and the evil lurking in one working class suburb of Connecticut. Within her, the forces of good and evil are playing out an age old battle for her soul. Now, she must decide if she will yield to the forces of evil and disappear in her pain or fight for her humanity.

• Like 1