Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
charlesbeanland

Waving my hand out here to you out there.

Hmmm. This is odd for me as I have not done this before. 

Greetings to one and all dear sirs and madams, I bid thee a most "welcome".

I am Charles Beanland, age 58, living in Alaska on the island of Kodiak for now. I am reaching out to whomever that might respond so I might find an iron to sharpen myself on without getting metal splinters. I am ex navy, an ex husband and an ex southern boy from Florida. I cannot stop the stories from going through my head, but I have problems getting anyone to give me a good argument - improvement - encouragement - or just a good pat on the head saying "now there's a good boy ." and to be honest I fear the quick kick in the pants if I messed up. I have many stories as I have had time to write them and very few that are complete. Sadly. Thus my reason for asking for help.

I write fiction in the line of "what if", in my thinking, and like to try and make the reader think.

I was in Colorado Springs years back and a publisher told me that I need a good English course to build or rebuild what is missing in my life. In 2013 -2015 I took a few English 101 course and creative writing classes. I enjoyed them very much but the liberal views of the Collage was something that was a big disappointment to encounter. Silly me for not looking before I leaped. I also write my thought experiments or essays of my ponderings to work things out as I go through them. I would like either a good argument and why you feel that way so I may understand you thinking on the matter. I prefer a "two thumbs up" instead but that is wishful thinking on my part. 

I have attached one of many essays with this ( I think) If I have attached it right. To start things off and see with whom I am going to be dealing with. Please be gentle as I do not want to spend my time alone on the corner crying and wishing for someone to give me a hug to make it all better.

In my time alone out in the wilds of Alaska, (A remote caretaker of lodges), I have had time to research, think, and play with the idea of things. So, now I think on the deep side. And as I like to say, -{If you are trying to think outside of the box, why not just get rid of the box to begin with?}-  

YES! My humor is good sounding to me as I write this, but it may not come across as I wish it to be in paper/computer.

And if you can find it in your heart . . ."Please to forgive If I offend thee" as Puck woulds say in Shakespeare.

• Like 3

Welcome to our writing family, Charles. Glad you joined us. I don't know if your member name can be changed but it's not a good idea to put your email address out there. There are bots that roam the site and love to gobble up email addresses. Unfortunately, the site does not allow for attachments. When you have make ten comments or more and the site has caught up, you are welcome to post your work in the critique forum. Please be sure to read the rules first. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 1

Thank you Lynn, I thought I did what this site wanted me to. I do not know how to remove my email. In fact i do not know how to do anything on this site. Any help. 

• Like 1

M. H. I. Good night, I found another with an open mind !  !  !

My hat is off to you for having the spiritual incite here.

Love the series and the butch macho,  cheesy,  over the top - ("Just a flesh wound Sgt. . .I'll sow it up later because I'm busy at the moment killing evil things in the world.") attitude. 

Please to forgive. . . I do not know Robert Heinlein.  

• Like 1

@Miss Erin

Forgive me here but I feel like I should address you as a teacher with the title of "Miss Erin". A

Are you one? 

If so what do you teach? English I hope or is it creative writing?

I ask, as I might be in need of a good red pen and a sad face sticker on my papers some times. 

If you are not one . .tis a pleasure to meet you my dear and thank you for the response. Very kind of you.

• Like 2

@lynnmosher

Your a bright ray of son shine in a cloudy world. Thank you for the light so I may know my way. 

-{I keep stubbing my toes and it is getting old . . And it makes for wearing shoes difficult at times.}-

ANYTHING you might want to tell me then have at it.  I may not like it but it is the only way to grow. 

• Like 1

@Sarah Daffy

Hmmm. This message thing is a  new thing for me here. Live and learn . . . 

Thank you for your kind words. I hope to be a blessing to you and to others on this site. If in your travels you see where I might improve myself, please feel free to advise me of your thoughts. I can almost take it. (O K where's my box of tissue?) Like I was saying. Your very kind.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, charlesbeanland said:

@Miss Erin

Forgive me here but I feel like I should address you as a teacher with the title of "Miss Erin". A

Are you one? 

If so what do you teach? English I hope or is it creative writing?

I ask, as I might be in need of a good red pen and a sad face sticker on my papers some times. 

If you are not one . .tis a pleasure to meet you my dear and thank you for the response. Very kind of you.

Oh heavens, I'm not a teacher!! 😂😂

I just like to call myself that. I don't think I'd have the courage to be a teacher. 

But it's wonderful to meet you too! 🤗🤗 Looking forward to getting to know you better.

• Like 1

OK. .  .Then ya'lls a southern women and speaking properly and all. I's guess'en. 

I say that as I am one as well. . . . H'mm - A southern man that is, and NOT a women to correct myself here. 

And yep. my jokes are a bit odd when I read them on line. Please forgive me. 

So what do write about?

Don't tell me. Barns and Noble have offered you a deal for your short stories series and three novels.

(Coming to a books store near you in, 2020).

• Like 1