Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
EBraten

Amazing book on platform-building

I'm a few chapters into this book, and I couldn't go any further without coming on here to recommend it. It's called Influence: Building a Platform that Elevates Jesus (Not Me), and is about how Christian authors, bloggers, speakers and influencers should approach platform-building. From the blurb:

“Your platform isn’t big enough.” If you’re a writer, speaker, or ministry leader, perhaps these five words have squelched your desire to share the message burning within. In today’s digital world, speakers and writers are expected to grow their own following--or platform of influence--before gaining access to a microphone or book contract. But as a Christian, is there a way to gather followers and still follow Jesus? Is it possible to both build up your stats and take up your cross? How can you reconcile promoting yourself when you’re called to humble yourself, or elevating your name when you're commissioned to elevate Christ's?

It's not so much about the "what" but the "why" of platform-building, and I'm soaking it all up. We hear a lot of worldly wisdom about how to get our names and work out there. This is the first time I've come across a book with Godly wisdom on the subject.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 2/10/2020 at 9:16 AM, KMK said:

And its free on kindle unlimited!

Either I missed something or it's free to read online, but $9.99 to download.

37 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

Either I missed something or it's free to read online, but $9.99 to download.

That's strange. Do you have Kindle Unlimited? It's free to download if you have a subscription. Although I think I'm going to go ahead and get the paperback. It's one of those books that I know I'm going to want to keep revisiting.