Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
lynnmosher

26 publishers seeking YA manuscripts w/o an agent

Thanks for the info! I am going down the list and found this note on the Parialment House website:

Unsolicited Submissions Are Closed Until May 2020

Just checked CleanReads.com:

“We are currently closed to new author submissions. Please check back periodically for an update.”

Edited by paulchernoch

I had a look at this - probably not relevant to me being in the UK but it did bring to mind a question I have been meaning to ask on the site.

I self-published a YA novel in 2008. Because of family circumstances I was not to market it and to be honest, my knowledge of marketing books wasn't great. I have learnt a lot here.

Having recently re-read the novel I can see it probably went to print a draft or two too early.  I could either update and edit it & reprint as a SP book once again. The other option is whether to try subbing it to a publisher or would they discount it because it has already been printed and available? 

Also, I keep coming across the expression 'clean books' what do publishers/agents mean by this (apart from t he obvious) how conservative do they have to be?  

I wasn't going to say anything about Quirk...

About @Shamrock's concern: One of the publishers listed in the cited link (I forget which) says they will republish a formerly self-published title, but only if it is the first in a series, and is submitted along with its sequel. That picqued my interest, as I am writing a second novel in a series and I self-pubbed my first one.

Thanks for the response. I did think about a sequel and still have some notes on a plot outline.  Not sure I want to write the sequel - will try to see if I can find the publsiher.