Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Hi!

Just joined, and am excited to see what this site is like!

Friends have been telling me for a while to write - blogs, articles, short stories, scripts - but I just don't. One friend is convinced that if I do, I can eventually drop my day (night) job, which would be a great (and desired) accomplishment.

Today, I got it in my head (finally) to start looking for like minded artists and writers rather than just be hanging out here on my own. Life does feel a bit like being on an island, which is sometimes beautiful, and at other times, not so much. That said, I thought it might be a good idea to go hunting for some humans today while I go hunting for more coconuts....

• Like 2

Hi Sarah! How are you?

So I see you do it all. I am also an artist (or so people tell me), and have an interest in screenwriting. I graduated from Act One Writing for Hollywood's screenwriting intensive in 2014, but put it aside. Looking to dust it off now. 

Do you have a preference for what kinds of scripts you write?

• Like 2

Hi! I just kind of picked up screenwriting as a hobby; I haven't done anything professionally, as I'm still kind of new, but I have worked on several unfinished scripts and am hopefully going to co-write an action/adventure script soon. ;)

• Like 1

Oh cool! Get down with your bad Indiana Jones self. (I think I am dating myself...maybe...get down with your bad Starlord self???)

• Like 2

Welcome to our writing family, ck (probably now your shortened name). ;) Glad you joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 2

Hi Lynn,

Yes, ck it is. (Tried to give myself that screen name but it wasn't enough characters. :) )

Thank you and blessings back!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Miss Erin said:

Hi, @calissi.k!! So nice to meet you!! 🤗🤗🤗

I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. Welcome to Christian Writers!!

HI Erin, thanks so much. Looking forward to getting to know you all, too. :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

Welcome, calissa.k!  Welcome to christianwriters.com!

Hi Suspense, and thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Claire Tucker said:

Welcome, ck! Great to meet you :)

Hi! Great to meet you too! Hope you're having a good weekend. 👍

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chuck Kralik said:

Hi, Calissa. Welcome to Christianwriters! God's blessings on your writing journey!

Hi Chuck! Thanks and nice to meet you!

22 hours ago, Bob Leone said:

Looks like I'm late to the party. 

Welcome aboard!!

Nah. It's the internet. One of the few places (the only place?) you can almost go back in time. :D Nice to meet you!

• Like 1