Jump to content

Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
lynnmosher

Demons and Disney

Recommended Posts

In case those of you who have young children or grandchildren have not heard about this, Disney has a new cartoon called The Owl House. It's about demons and witchcraft. Please do not allow them to watch this. Here's a portion of the article..

 

“Folks, if you think this latest ‘Owl House’ show is just ‘fantasy and fun’ think again,” wrote Deborah Bunting in a commentary penned for CBN (The Christian Broadcasting Network). 

“The show tries to portray witchcraft as a positive tool to fight evil,” explained Bunting. 

“That's similar to what real-life witches have been promoting over the past few years as they've been putting hexes on President Trump and others in order to fight for their beliefs.” 

“Over the years, Disney has gone farther and farther into the darkness of the spiritual world that opposes the living God, coming up with programming and characters that lead the vulnerable into that dark world of deception.”

“This spiritual realm that opposes God is real. Demons are real,” warns Bunting. “And they are out to deceive your children and draw them in to be pawns of the enemy of their souls, the Devil, otherwise known as Satan. His devices and plans are to destroy your kids and grandkids spiritually, physically and emotionally. You must protect them from being enticed into this demonic world.”  

Making the demon realm ‘feel like home’ for kids.

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Lynn! There is a reason I watch shows with my kids and have been known to stop a them mid-movie because of... 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬... Stuff! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to watch Anne with an E on Netflix. It's supposed to be a remake of Anne of Green Gables. 😡 It is not! As far as I am concerned, it is trash. Please do not be fooled and NEVER let your kids watch it!!! 

Edited by Alley
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disney Productions really have changed, from when they produced feature length cartoons like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty; and TV Series like Disneyland and the Mickey Mouse Club.

   After seeing what they're now producing, I wonder what Walt would say?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, suspensewriter said:

What?  The remake of Anne at Green Gables is trash?  Oh, great.

I know! In fact, it was bad enough; I can't repeat it without getting in trouble because it is that sexually explicit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 9:41 AM, lynnmosher said:

In case those of you who have young children or grandchildren have not heard about this, Disney has a new cartoon called The Owl House. It's about demons and witchcraft. Please do not allow them to watch this. Here's a portion of the article..

 

“Folks, if you think this latest ‘Owl House’ show is just ‘fantasy and fun’ think again,” wrote Deborah Bunting in a commentary penned for CBN (The Christian Broadcasting Network). 

“The show tries to portray witchcraft as a positive tool to fight evil,” explained Bunting. 

“That's similar to what real-life witches have been promoting over the past few years as they've been putting hexes on President Trump and others in order to fight for their beliefs.” 

“Over the years, Disney has gone farther and farther into the darkness of the spiritual world that opposes the living God, coming up with programming and characters that lead the vulnerable into that dark world of deception.”

“This spiritual realm that opposes God is real. Demons are real,” warns Bunting. “And they are out to deceive your children and draw them in to be pawns of the enemy of their souls, the Devil, otherwise known as Satan. His devices and plans are to destroy your kids and grandkids spiritually, physically and emotionally. You must protect them from being enticed into this demonic world.”  

Making the demon realm ‘feel like home’ for kids.

I just heard about this on a Christian radio show; it is mind boggling!! What is this world coming to?! 

 

On 1/15/2020 at 10:07 AM, Alley said:

I tried to watch Anne with an E on Netflix. It's supposed to be a remake of Anne of Green Gables. 😡 It is not! As far as I am concerned, it is trash. Please do not be fooled and NEVER let your kids watch it!!! 

Thanks for the warning; frankly, the Megan Follows version is the best in my opinion. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Miss Erin said:

I just heard about this on a Christian radio show; it is mind boggling!! What is this world coming to?! 

 

An end! o_O;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Praise the Lord that our Christian world view can pick out this bad stuff. Think of those in the world without Christ being pulled by the rings in their nose down the broad way to destruction.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Sam Walton had the right idea: Vote with your feet!

 

So I'll let The Mandalorian fall by the wayside and keep caught up on The Expanse and  Picard. Or spend less time on television and movies regardless of which conglomerate appeals to my sense of nostalgia. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 9:53 AM, Miss Erin said:

Thanks for the warning; frankly, the Megan Follows version is the best in my opinion. 

The Megan Follows version is perfection! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EClayRowe said:

Or spend less time on television and movies regardless of which conglomerate appeals to my sense of nostalgia. 

 

They've been trying to entice with nostalgia, but mostly mess it up by injecting current-day political & identity themes. I'm very concerned about Star Trek Picard. I recently saw this report, which sadly seems to be a trend with these types of series (Warning - not flattering about Sir Patrick Stewart):

 

 

Edited by Accord64
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 4:07 PM, Alley said:

It's supposed to be a remake of Anne of Green Gables. 😡 It is not! As far as I am concerned, it is trash. Please do not be fooled and NEVER let your kids watch it!!! 

I agree. They completely destroyed a beautiful, innocent children's classic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.