Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

I was advised to look at query tracker for searching for a literary agent. Has anyone used Query Tracker before? Any suggestions? Hints? Is there a better place to search that you have found for an unknown, aspiring Christian author?

I did a quick search and didn't see anything negative. I found there are two others like QueryTracker: Publishers Marketplace and AgentQuery.

1 hour ago, Shamrock said:

Are they all US based?

I couldn't seem to find out. Unless I skipped over it. Sorry.

22 hours ago, Shamrock said:

Are they all US based?

No, but it does tell what the address and country is, so you can skip them if they are out of the US. (I queried agents in GB, Australia and Canada.)

And there are advantages and disadvantages to crossing borders. A no brainer for me, since the British and Aussies are more into teddy bears than America, however taxes are much higher, which makes the royalties worse. Also, gets very complicated if you ever get to rights in other countries.

Edited by Spaulding
Fixed typo.

I use query tracker, Jared. It works well, I like that it's clearly marked on one of the lines if an agent is closed to queries. Otherwise, I find myself spending time to prepare a submission for an agent, just to find that they are closed to submissions.