Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Jared Williams

New member looking for advice from like-minded Christ-followers

My name is Jared Williams. I am a former math teacher who is in a transitional period of life, partially forced by health concerns. Although I have many varied interests, I have been working on a christian novel series for a little over a decade now. As a self-learned apologist, I have spent much prayer focused upon the issue of theodicy - in particular the problem of pain. If God is good and all powerful, why is there pain and evil in the world. The Lord has provided many answers to that question that I have gleaned over the years. Far from being an expert on it, still I believe there is a lot that can be said for answering that difficult question. The novel is an epic story - a kind of parable, if you will - that is my attempt to bring about the answers I have found for that question. I have also written a 60 day devotional on the subject. The devotional is on amazon as I attempted to self-publish it, but hasn't fully been published properly. The first novel of the series is ready to publish, the second written and not edited yet, and I am about 1/5 through the third book now. 

I am about to attempt to query my first novel for the first time ever, and am a bit nervous about it. I have no idea really what to expect or how the process of publishing traditionally works. My sister is a Christian author who self-publishes off amazon, but I don't think I want to do that with my novels. Would anyone have any advice for me? Below is a copy of my query letter for anyone who may be interested in reading it. I look forward to getting to know new Christian friends. 

Soli Deo Gloria! 

Sincerely, 

Jared Williams

• Like 4

Hi, Jared!  Nice to meet you :D  Congratulations on your books!

• Like 1

Welcome to our writing family, Jared. Glad you joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. I've hidden your query letter as this forum is for introducing oneself only. When you have made ten comments and the system has caught up, you are welcome to post the query in the critique forum. Also, the system does not allow for attachments, If you don't want to self publish, then the only other option is traditional publishing. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 1

Hi, Jared!! So nice to meet you. 🤗🤗

We are very happy you came upon our site!! 

If there's anything you would like my advice on, let me know and I'll do my best to help you, though I may not always come through as there's so much in the world of writing I'm still learning myself. 😂

Soli Deo Gloria!

• Like 1

Welcome, it's nice to meet you. 

2 hours ago, Jared Williams said:

Soli Deo Gloria

Ok, the blonde would like to know what this means without having to ask google. 😄 

• Like 1

Hello, welcome t o Christianwriters Jared! It is great to meet you, and have you here!

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 8:40 PM, Jared Williams said:

I have also written a 60 day devotional on the subject. The devotional is on amazon as I attempted to self-publish it

What's the name of it, Jared?  I'm excited for you.

• Like 1

It's a rather long name, I actually am looking for beta readers for it... It's called 

The Purpose of Pain: A 60 day devotional for those in search of a truth to trust in.

• Like 1