Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Rebecca Owens

Hello Everyone

5 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Holy moley! So glad this site isn't set up that way. Whoa! :oops:

The blog is not even the tip of the iceberg.  My e-mail, FB, FB messenger and Twitter started blowing up while I was at work on 12/23/19 at 9 am.  I didn't check it because of the shared data plan.  By the time I got home at 6:45 pm I had over 500 notices. The pinging from my cell phone didn't stop until midnight on 12/24.      

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zee said:

Welcome to Christian Writers! It's a great group of people, so helpful and encouraging.

You're going to see all kinds of improvement in your writing this year, almost guaranteed.

Thanks Zee.  I am eager and willing to learn and accept any critiquing of my work.  It's a great benefit and relief to find a group who automatically understands the meaning of Inspirational fiction/romance.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rebecca Owens said:

The blog is not even the tip of the iceberg.  My e-mail, FB, FB messenger and Twitter started blowing up while I was at work on 12/23/19 at 9 am.  I didn't check it because of the shared data plan.  By the time I got home at 6:45 pm I had over 500 notices. The pinging from my cell phone didn't stop until midnight on 12/24.  

Good grief! What drama! :oops:o_O

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EBraten said:

Hi, Rebecca! So glad to see you here. I write inspirational romance as well, and I'm currently revising the manuscript of my second novel. I'm an independently published author, still pretty new at it but very happy with how things are going.

I'm not on Twitter or RWA, but I heard about the dumpster fire from another author group I'm in. I don't blame you for taking a big step away.

I look forward to interacting more with you.

Hello, thanks.  I wished I could dust my feet and move on, unfortunately, I agree to be in an officer position for the next 2 years so I'm stuck.  Until then, I'll be looking at all other options.

It's a relief to finally meet someone else who writes Inspirational romance.  It's great to be able to discuss with someone when you are stumped on your manuscripts or your characters just won't act right....LOL.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rebecca Owens said:

It's great to be able to discuss with someone when you are stumped on your manuscripts or your characters just won't act right....LOL.

I know what you mean! I hope you'll find support and encouragement here.

I've also been in ACFW for close to a year and I'm active in some secular groups, but I consider this community to be my main writer home.

• Like 2

Hi there, Rebecca. I'm also new to the forum. I see that you are looking for a crit partnerIf you do not as yet have one, i'd like to be it. I'm a historical fiction writer. I've been writing for the past 10 years. It took me 2 years to write my first novel and so far, I've been trying to find an agent/publisher for the past 2 years. Guess I'm doing something wrong. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

***Side  note: Jukie, have you had your MS professionally edited?

No, dear, I haven't. I hope I don't seem unteachable but I didn't want to make that capital outlay. If things haven't panned out yet by April or so, I'll have to self-publish and then I'll be sure get a great editor, book designer etc. 

• Like 1

Not to pour cold water on you, but unfortunately, if you don't have your MS professionally edited before you send it out, you're not sending out your best work and that's a strike against you. If you research it, you'll see that this is truly necessary to giving you that edge of acceptance. :)

• Like 2