Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Beachwalker

Self publishing

Question.  I want to set up a website that I can post informative stories about the region i live in and use it to promote some ebooks online and printed form of books to be sold from local businesses.  Is there a single self publishing platform that offers to print on demand, to publish ebooks and offer to help set up a website for promoting my works? 

Am I asking to much from one source? Or do I have to go to Kindle for one, Wordpress for another...etc?   Thank you for any advice offered.

Nicholas is right, Beachwalker.  They promise you the world, but in the end, Amazon is your best choice for making it if you're going to self-publish.   You've got to have a website, promote on social media, all the things that we don't want to do, but are necessary.

1 hour ago, suspensewriter said:

They promise you the world, but in the end, Amazon is your best choice for making it if you're going to self-publish.

I'm not sure who "they" are, but Amazon is NOT the only self-publishing show in town. They are certainly the largest, but (assuming you don't go exclusive), there are several others (Apple, B&N, Kobo, etc.).

However, I don't think this is what the OP asked about. Outside of vanity publishers (stay away!), I'm not aware of any retailer or aggregator that offers website hosting.

Amazon, B&N (Nook press), and Ingramspark are the only ones I'm familiar with who offer POD, eBook, and audio book publishing services under one roof. Publicity & websites would be handled by the author.

3 hours ago, Accord64 said:

Amazon, B&N (Nook press), and Ingramspark are the only ones I'm familiar with who offer POD, eBook, and audio book publishing services under one roof.

In addition to these, there's also Draft2Digital. They now distribute print, audio and ebooks.