Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Miss Erin

Using An Avatar Maker To Bring Life To Characters

Hey, guys, so I thought I'd share with all of you a special technique most of you might never have considered when creating characters for a written work, whether it be a novel or a short story. 

In recent weeks I have been using an amazing anime avatar maker by the name of Anime Face Maker Go; with its endless array of hair, eyes, facial proportions, clothing and expressions, I have been able to bring the characters for my upcoming mystery novel series to life in a way I never thought possible! As I write, I can better envision my characters and what their appearance would look like throughout the novel. 

You can find hundreds of different kinds of avatar makers on the play store, so I would recommend giving it a whirl if the idea interests you. 

To give you an idea of how mine looks, here's an avatar I created of yours truly!! 😉

FaceMakerGO_4.jpg

• Like 1

That's really neat! I tried it. Now I need a tech person to tell me how to find saved images or to download them. 😑 I'm soooooooooo not a tech person! 

• Like 2

Yep, that was the one I tried. I can click the thing that says image saved... Can't find an image anywhere! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alley said:

Yep, that was the one I tried. I can click the thing that says image saved... Can't find an image anywhere! 

Maybe it's saved to your camera roll?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sarah Daffy said:

Maybe it's saved to your camera roll?

Nope. And not in the files either. Or wallpaper... Or pins... Or.... 😳 

• Like 2

Alley, if the image is still there, save it again. But when your box comes up, click on open file and not save. You'll never know where it goes if you choose save.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lynnmosher said:

But when your box comes up, click on open file and not save. You'll never know where it goes if you choose save.

There is no box! There is a camera button that you click, and it says saved. That is all. Nothing else. No other options. Nothing. 😕

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sarah Daffy said:

What does the camera do?

It does this. 

45 minutes ago, Alley said:

There is a camera button that you click, and it says saved. That is all. Nothing else. No other options. Nothing. 😕

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alley said:

It does this. 

You can't take a screenshot and just use that?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sarah Daffy said:

You can't take a screenshot and just use that?

That's all I can do. The dice make a random character. The camera says saved, but there is nothing on my phone and no option to find saved photos. The cart let's you buy it without adds. The stars let you rate it. And the refresh is to start back at the beginning of character building. 

• Like 2

Aww, I'm so sorry it's not working for you Alley!! 😭 

I wish I could help you figure something out. I'll keep brainstorming! 

Btw, what kind of device do you use this app on? 

• Like 1