Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Miss Erin

Prayer Request For Loved Ones

My uncle just recently went through a horrible shock; his best friend just passed away due to complications from a motorcycle accident. None of us saw it coming; we all thought he was going to pull through. My uncle wants to be there to help his friend's widow and two grown kids, as well as the parents, who are still living. They are all having a very hard time coping with the loss. They need the comfort that only God can give. Please remember them in your prayers; it would be greatly appreciated! 

• Like 5

Father; some of Your children are deeply grieved at the sudden departure of one they loved to go home to you. We ask that You provide them with comfort and peace in this time as they rely on You for solace. May it be a reminder of Your control in all situations and the brevity of our presence in this world, bringing them closer to You. In full expectation of Your presence and provision at this time, Amen.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I am so sorry.  Was anyone else involved in the accident? 

My nephew died in 2000.  He had turned 12 on Christmas day.  2 days later he died when he and his sister and cousin lost control on a snow bank.  He slid under a semi-truck that they were waiting on to pass.  They tumbled behind it.  Members of my family took decades to recover (and in one case, completely broke down and never recovered).  From what I hear, the poor driver of the semi never did either.

As strange as it may seem to others, I think about the driver often over the years, always with prayers .  My heart aches for your uncle's friend's family and his friends--and if anyone else was involved, my prayers are for them, too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There is a lot of heartache going around in our world. A friend pointed out that we have a lot of serious illnesses appearing before us. 

Dear Father God: Please help Erin's uncle as he tries to comfort his best friend's family. Guide Erin as she goes through her days. Help her to be there for her uncle as he goes through this trauma.  In the Name of Jesus, I pray. Amen

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (ESV)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2019 at 4:45 PM, Becky Bradley said:

I am so sorry.  Was anyone else involved in the accident? 

Yeah, a woman driver collided with him. 

Thank you so much for all your prayers! And I am so sorry to hear about the accident your nephew was involved in. 😢

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 6:01 PM, Erin Cook said:

Yeah, a woman driver collided with him. 

Thank you so much for all your prayers! And I am so sorry to hear about the accident your nephew was involved in. 😢

Was the woman hurt? 

Thank you.  I consider it a blessing that the Holy Spirit warned me not to let my daughter go with them that day.  I could have lost her, too--if not physically, certainly emotionally and mentally.  She would not have survived the experience or memories.

• Like 2