Jump to content

Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
mightyriver

Spirits...

Recommended Posts

I keep having spirits come back into me somehow for some reason I’ve repented and been baptized by the Holy Ghost and on my journey the devil seems to have his way and would try to destroy me and at times I would be downtrodden and in adversity, spirits would also manifest and I would feel captive and the devil would keep instilling fear in me that he’s gonna possess me but I know I’ve been sealed by God by his Spirit and the Lord has been faithful and has delivered me in the past many a time since he came into my life.. I’m not so worried about it now but I would get worried because of the adversities and perils that I suffer because of a door that seems to be open and i can’t seem to shut it... my story is kind of long and complicated to type out.. but I trust in the Lord because of the deliverances in the past..

 

what do I do about this.. I’ve. Been to deliverance ministries in the past but they never seem to really help with I’m dealing with.. 

 

i want to be filled with the Holy Ghost but am a prey to my enemies so it seems 

would the Lord vindicate me.. I know he sees all this and I am his child..  

I feel psalm 13 when the psalmist says “ how long O Lord” 

 

the devil seems to have so much power in my life and I await for the Lord when the tables would turn.. I want to see the Lord magnified and not my enemies...

reading the Word has been my help and support...

any words of encouragement or consolation? 
sometimes it seems I don’t think I can handle this yet there’s nothing I could do but go through these fires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, I'm praying for you! 

 

Second, here are some verses:

Romans 8:35-39

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

 

John 10:28-30

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

 

As Christians, we can't be possessed by demons.  God has sealed us with His Holy Spirit.  Our salvation is eternal, and nothing, not demons, not anything, can take it away.  And Jesus is more powerful that all the forces of evil.  His name is infinitely powerful.

 

Philippians 2:9-11

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

 

The important thing to remember is that Satan is a defeated enemy.  He is defeated by Jesus' death and resurrection.  The battle has already been won.  Not by us, but by the Lord Jesus Christ.  Stand in His strength. 

 

Ephesians 6:10-18

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

 

Again, praying for you!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HK1 thank you.. I am encouraged by scripture and feeling hopeful and that the Lord is with me..this is a great battle I face but I must stand against the evil one in the name of the Lord, God of Angel armies.

 

I believe the Holy Spirit is quickening me and preparing me.. 

come what may 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mightyriver said:

this is a great battle I face but I must stand against the evil one in the name of the Lord, God of Angel armies.

But the battle has been won on Calvary's hill and at the empty tomb.  Your victory is sure because Jesus is Your Savior.  The best thing you can do is read the Bible, memorize Scripture, and pray a ton.  And say the Name of Jesus.  There is power in His Name.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hymns really help me, and I know you like poetry.  Here's "A Mighty Fortress."

 

A mighty Fortress is our God,
A Bulwark never failing;
Our Helper He amid the flood
Of mortal ills prevailing:
For still our ancient foe
Doth seek to work us woe;
His craft and power are great,
And, armed with cruel hate,
On earth is not his equal.

2

Did we in our own strength confide,
Our striving would be losing;
Were not the right Man on our side,
The Man of God’s own choosing:
Dost ask who that may be?
Christ Jesus, it is He;
Lord Sabaoth His Name,
From age to age the same,
And He must win the battle.

3

And though this world, with devils filled,
Should threaten to undo us,
We will not fear, for God hath willed
His truth to triumph through us:
The Prince of Darkness grim,
We tremble not for him;
His rage we can endure,
For lo! his doom is sure,
One little word shall fell him.

4

That word above all earthly powers,
No thanks to them, abideth;
The Spirit and the gifts are ours
Through Him who with us sideth:
Let goods and kindred go,
This mortal life also;
The body they may kill:
God’s truth abideth still,
His Kingdom is forever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more... another of my favorites.  "It Is Well with My Soul."

 

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

 

Refrain:
It is well with my soul,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

 

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

 

My sin—oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!—
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

 

For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.

 

But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!

 

And Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really sure what to say right off; HK1 seems to have covered it pretty well! 

 

But I am praying - hard - for you and your deliverance. 

 

Keep strong in the Lord God no matter what; go to Him in prayer and ask for His protection and peace; He'll give it to you. But the devil always knows when the time is short with God's children, and we can be sure that when we are at our best in our relationship with Christ, Satan and his dominion are going to do everything in their power to destroy you and lead you back into destruction. You must not let him overtake you. Keep strong in your faith, for you will be able to do nothing by yourself. Simply stand aside and give God the job He alone can do. 

 

He spoke "Peace, be still" and the waters calmed. And I'm telling you tonight that the same Man who calmed those waters will calm all the waters, quench all the fires and quiet all the voices which are seeking to create havoc in your soul. Be reminded of God's promises, and be comforted by the fact that once a man is marked as God's child, he can no longer be infested by evil spirits. 

 

Satan can scream and spew every accusation and fear in the book right into your face, but if you are a child of God, it's all a lie. The devil cannot touch you. 

 

Praying for you, my friend! 😊😊

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where you focus is where you'll go.

 

This is scientifically proven. Focus on a corner of your block opposite end, and opposite side of the street as you are, and even if you just want to walk to that end of the block, but not cross the street, you will cross the street to that spot because that's your focus.

 

This was humorously told in a Frasier episode. Frasier can't ride a bike, because he automatic focuses in on something he'll crash into.

 

 

You're doing the same thing. You're focusing in on satan/the devil, not God. Okay, let's go there a minute. What can you do to fight satan? Nothing, right? But who can? God!

 

And, you keep blaming everything on Satan, when this is closer to truth - 

Quote

Rom. 7:21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. 22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, 23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

 

So focus on who you're supposed to focus on and let him handle everything.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are those who do not believe Satan can read thoughts.  I believe he not only can, but will use them against you, including your worse fears.

 

There was once a woman whose biggest fear was being locked in a cellar with no one knowing where she was.  Because of it she avoided cellars as often as she could.  

 

One day a couple of decades back, the tornado sirens blew in this town.  We all knew the danger was imminent from tracking the weather stations, so she had no choice.  She took her 2 elementary school aged sons down the cellar steps.  The winds howled above their heads as debris whipped around them.  Suddenly they heard a crash as a tree fell across their cellar door.  Then the electricity went out and it was coal black.

 

She had no idea how the town was fairing on the surface, or where the rest of her family was, or if they were ok.  I don't remember if cell phones were available back then, but I do remember her telling me that no one knew where she was.  She was finally living in her worse nightmare.  So she and her sons sat in the dark, trapped underground as if they were buried alive.

 

Hours later, her dad managed to find a way around all the road blockades on the off-chance that his daughter had overcome her fears and she and his grandsons had made it to their cellar.  It took him even longer to get the tree off her cellar door and rescue them.    

 

Her fears had terrorized her since she was a small child, but had not shown her the final outcome--that she had a loving, smart father who would do anything to get to her.  And that she would not only survive, but come out of her trauma unharmed.

 

Sometimes Satan can lock our minds up so much that we can not get past the terror and see the light.  Just like her father would do anything to get to her and save her and the boys, our Father, our God, will do whatever it takes to find us and fight for us against all evil. 

 

If we focus on him and not on the evil around us, we will hear his voice calling our name in the midst of the darkness, drawing us out into his light.

 

It sounds over simplified.  I know it is not.  But I do know God is our salvation.  When the evil comes, focus your thoughts on God, himself.  Picture him fighting for you, breaking through every road block, removing every obstacle to pull you out of the dark recesses of your mind that Satan is trying to trap you in.  Focus on the final outcome, not the demons, not on the nightmare.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 10:07 PM, mightyriver said:

I keep having spirits come back into me somehow for some reason I’ve repented and been baptized by the Holy Ghost and on my journey the devil seems to have his way and would try to destroy me and at times I would be downtrodden and in adversity, spirits would also manifest and I would feel captive and the devil would keep instilling fear in me that he’s gonna possess me but I know I’ve been sealed by God by his Spirit and the Lord has been faithful and has delivered me in the past many a time since he came into my life.. I’m not so worried about it now but I would get worried because of the adversities and perils that I suffer because of a door that seems to be open and i can’t seem to shut it... my story is kind of long and complicated to type out.. but I trust in the Lord because of the deliverances in the past..

 

what do I do about this.. I’ve. Been to deliverance ministries in the past but they never seem to really help with I’m dealing with.. 

 

i want to be filled with the Holy Ghost but am a prey to my enemies so it seems 

would the Lord vindicate me.. I know he sees all this and I am his child..  

I feel psalm 13 when the psalmist says “ how long O Lord” 

 

the devil seems to have so much power in my life and I await for the Lord when the tables would turn.. I want to see the Lord magnified and not my enemies...

reading the Word has been my help and support...

any words of encouragement or consolation? 
sometimes it seems I don’t think I can handle this yet there’s nothing I could do but go through these fires.

I know that battle . . . I've been plagued with evil spiritual attacks most of my adult life. I was plagued by fear of our enemy attacking me and having power over me until I realized that he is a sword rattler and has no power except what I allow him to have. During an attack I would envision myself in a protective bubble where he or his minions could not enter and would repeat Jesus' name over and over until they/he went away. One time I was woken from a dead sleep and I felt the presence right near my face. It made me angry and I rebuked it with a vengeance. It left and I asked God why?? He said "my child, you need to learn to fight! Use my power and protection and don't take this on without Me as your shield." Things changed after that. Oh, I still get some attacks but I finally am confident that I need not fear nor be subject to the power that wants to invade my life.  Be of good cheer my friend, God has overcome the evil one and he has no more power over you than a dream . . . Resist him, use Christ's name, and remember YOU are the victor no matter how terrified you may feel. He can do nothing to you but make you afraid. His tactic is fear and accusations to make you feel unworthy but God has made you worthy.  I hope this helps. 

 

Oh, just one more note. If you were not a threat to his realm, he wouldn't bother with you. So because he's after you means you are important to God's plan . . . Hang in there.

Edited by DrRita
additional thought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DrRita said:

I know that battle . . . I've been plagued with evil spiritual attacks most of my adult life. I was plagued by fear of our enemy attacking me and having power over me until I realized that he is a sword rattler and has no power except what I allow him to have. During an attack I would envision myself in a protective bubble where he or his minions could not enter and would repeat Jesus' name over and over until they/he went away. One time I was woken from a dead sleep and I felt the presence right near my face. It made me angry and I rebuked it with a vengeance. It left and I asked God why?? He said "my child, you need to learn to fight! Use my power and protection and don't take this on without Me as your shield." Things changed after that. Oh, I still get some attacks but I finally am confident that I need not fear nor be subject to the power that wants to invade my life.  Be of good cheer my friend, God has overcome the evil one and he has no more power over you than a dream . . . Resist him, use Christ's name, and remember YOU are the victor no matter how terrified you may feel. He can do nothing to you but make you afraid. His tactic is fear and accusations to make you feel unworthy but God has made you worthy.  I hope this helps. 

 

Oh, just one more note. If you were not a threat to his realm, he wouldn't bother with you. So because he's after you means you are important to God's plan . . . Hang in there.


thank you.. it is encouraging to know others have dealt with the same thing but overcome them... more than conquerors through him who loved us..

yea i do my best to fight the enemy but sometimes he just gets me to the ground..

 

but I will persist to fight the good fight of faith !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 6:16 PM, Becky Bradley said:

There are those who do not believe Satan can read thoughts.  I believe he not only can, but will use them against you, including your worse fears.

I know people tend to have their different opinions about this matter, but I'm afraid I have to politely disagree with you. Satan is not a mind reader; while he may very well know how to use and manipulate people's fears against them, only God can see into the depths of a man's mind. 

 

Amazing story you shared, though! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.