Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Johne

Resistance Strikes

Author Steven Pressfield writes about Resistance a lot. I just got something from David Gaughran who makes a confession which got me thinking.
https://preview.mailerlite.com/t5j9l8/1307237120598873271/t1e4/

Sorry about the delayed email! I’ve been trying to finish off Amazon Decoded 2 and doing that usual thing where I reach the last fence in fine fettle and then… stop. Eat some grass for a while. Consider the lilies in the field, and so on. Every. Damn. Time. Stupid brain.

I'm in the last phase of my Third Draft for THE BLUE GOLEM. Once I finish, like, three simple scenes I can send the book out to Beta readers so I can polish this up and submit it for publication, but I find I'm dragging my feet. I did write one new chapter this last week and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out but I feel I've been in this holding pattern for weeks now and it's just dawning on me that I'm likely deep in the throes of final Resistance. I've been editing the rest of the book, and that's fun, and going well, but it's not what I need in order to get it out for Beta readers. I think I was on the fence about the existence of Resistance until just this moment but I think it is exactly what I'm facing right now and it's not any fun.

2 hours ago, Johne said:

I think I was on the fence about the existence of Resistance until just this moment but I think it is exactly what I'm facing right now and it's not any fun.

When I read The War of Art, I saw that Steven Pressfield had a name for what I struggle with almost every day. Now, I ask God each morning for self-control to push through resistance and do what I need to do.

• Like 1