Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Shamrock

Agents / Publishers

OK, at Alley's suggestion I am posting up to ask for suggestions of agents/publishers to approach with my thriller novel.

They can be England or American base. Christian or mainstream.

I don't think the conservative end of the christian publishing sector will go for it as it will probably won’t meet their strict ethical rules.

Thanks

Edited Title. ;)

Research time! 

If you know someone who writes in your genre who is conventionally published, ask who represents them.

Writers' Digest has an annual listing of agents and publishers. Weed out the ones that aren't in your genre. Compile lists of your favorites, especially when they represent authors who write the same kind of books you do.

At the same time, prepare a blurb and an "elevator pitch." (If you were riding in an elevator with somebody who could get your novel published, what would you say?) And "some pages, " which are three sample chapters including the first and a synopsis of the plot. As good as you can get it.

Agents, in particular, are at various conferences, no matter where you live in the US. Authors you enjoy are on signing tours. Reach out, establish connections.

There is more, but it's late. Congratulations on getting this far.

I've always referred others to Michael Hyatt's list of Christian agents but that doesn't sound like it would fit. So I'm sorry. I'm no help. :(

Have you heard of  Monster Ivy Publishing ?  They might fit your bill.  

Interested in building our brand of edgy, clean, Middle Grade, Young Adult, and Adult fiction? Submit below. It doesn't need to be blatantly Christian, but we definitely welcome Christian messages (usually subtle ones, though).  If we think your work could be a great fit, we'll contact you within six weeks. If you haven't heard by then, we've decided to pass. Thank you for your submission, and keep up the good work!
Word documents preferred.

On 12/7/2019 at 3:03 PM, lynnmosher said:

Michael Hyatt's list of Christian agents

Thank you .  Will check it out.

Nichola thanks for the heads up about Monster Ivy Publishing.

I have just read the 'About Us' bit of the website. I cam across this quote

I may be off-base. I may be a dreamer, but I do feel like God has led me to this path.

That sums it  up for me.