Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Bold Faith

Howdy, Scott Here

Evening all,

I've finally done it. I've finally stopped running from the Lord and recognized that I need to be obedient in writing the stories he created my mind to tell. I am currently working on a few novels, some children's books, a number of essays and a screen play. I have a horrible habit of adding projects to the docket and not completing the older ones. Whether out of fear or laziness, I am not sure. I am hoping to learn as much as possible from the folks on this site and some day pass on some useful information. I look forward to sharing!

• Like 6

Just now, Sarah Daffy said:

What kind of screenplay are you writing?

Hello!

It's kind of a first contact meets Indiana Jones style story about the end times involving nephilim, sun god cults and tacos. I have NO idea how to write a screen play so at this point I am writing a novel with annoyingly detailed descriptions and way too much dialogue until I decide to sit down and learn the actual process. Are screenplays your area of expertise? Thanks for replying, and the follow!

• Like 4

Just now, Bold Faith said:

Hello!

It's kind of a first contact meets Indiana Jones style story about the end times involving nephilim, sun god cults and tacos. I have NO idea how to write a screen play so at this point I am writing a novel with annoyingly detailed descriptions and way too much dialogue until I decide to sit down and learn the actual process. Are screenplays your area of expertise? Thanks for replying, and the follow!

Sure! No problem. ;)

I am still rather new to screenwriting but @Nicholas Reicher should be able to help you. Tell you what, if you start a help thread in the Writing and Publish forum, you should get some great help. :D

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sarah Daffy said:

Sure! No problem. ;)

I am still rather new to screenwriting but @Nicholas Reicher should be able to help you. Tell you what, if you start a help thread in the Writing and Publish forum, you should get some great help. :D

Awesome thanks a lot. I'm glad to be here

• Like 3

Welcome, @Bold Faith; nice to meet you! You screenplay sounds intriguing. We appear to have very similar personalities, too; I have a lot of unfinished projects as well! 😁

We're all very happy to have you join us. Welcome aboard!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Erin Cook said:

Welcome, @Bold Faith; nice to meet you! You screenplay sounds intriguing. We appear to have very similar personalities, too; I have a lot of unfinished projects as well! 😁

We're all very happy to have you join us. Welcome aboard!

Great minds and all that, haha. It's excellent to meet you, thank you!

• Like 4

Welcome to our writing family, Scott. Glad you joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Welcome to our writing family, Scott. Glad you joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

I appreciate it. I look forward to learning more and interacting. 

• Like 2

Hola and welcome! I have a friend who has the same problem, she'll write a novel, get a few chapters away from the end, and stop. I used to have that problem for no reason until I forced myself out of it. To get out of the habit I'd go back to the first one I dropped and I'd pick it up and carry it to the end.

Edited by Micaiah
  • Like 1