Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
mightyriver

Is anyone awake?

I sinned and i’ve been doing well on not sinning and i know that we all sin.. but i believe i opened a door for spirits to come in and i am need of support i know the NT and most of the OT fairly ok i have only been walking with Jesus for 3 years and i recently have been free from my besetting sins and sins that held me for so long but i have sinned again and need light to help me through this because i don’t feel so good.. and also i know sin can blind my understanding and deceive myself in believing things that are not true when i sin... i know some truths like in the epistles of John that if any man sin i have an advocate.. but for those of you that have been walking with the Lord longer than i what have you been through and how has the Lord been i know that he is good but sometimes i have hard thoughts about God because i have been greatly afflicted in the past but believing in to see the Lords goodness but i sinned again...

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having to endure this; just know that you're not alone. Every Christian who has ever walked the face of this Earth has had to face their share of affliction and temptation; and while for some it may be to a lesser degree than others, we are all still going through something. I'll be praying hard for you, my friend! 🙂

I recently read an amazing message which was just recently published by Pastor Gary Wilkerson (the son of the late great evangelist David Wilkerson, founder of Teen Challenge, World Challenge and Times Square Church), and it was so healing to me. It was just what I needed to hear at the time. Well, now I believe God wants me to share it with you. It think you will be blessed by it. Here it is if you would like to take the time to read it:

https://worldchallenge.org/newsletter/2019/really

• Like 1

May our Holy Father, and His only begotten Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, work in us all that is good through the Holy Spirit of God, amen.

We are the called of God, the children of God and let us remind ourselves of who we are - saints. Look to the Lord for strength and understanding with prayer and supplication and reading of scripture; alas, I speak from experience, sir.

There is strength in sharing our afflictions (iron sharpens iron) and I am grateful for the opportunity you extended.

A quote from Samuel Rutherford, "The devil is but God's mater fencer to teach us how to use our weapons."

Ephesians 6:11-12

• Like 1

@mightyriver Carrying a backpack of burdens will always weigh one down. Allow the Lord to carry the load. But don't take it back. The enemy would love to fill that backpack with more burdens. One thing that is a powerful life-changer: praise! There is always something to thank and praise the Lord for. It is truly a burden release. Even if you have to do it through gritted teeth and a well of depression.

This version translates/paraphrases these verses so they're a little easier to understand:

"God’s high and holy praises fill [the saints] mouths,
for their shouted praises are their weapons of war!
These warring weapons will bring vengeance
on every opposing force and every resistant power—
to bind kings with chains and rulers with iron shackles.
Praise-filled warriors will enforce
the judgment-doom decreed against their enemies.
This is the glorious honor he gives to all his godly lovers.
Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!"

Ps. 149:6-9 TPT

Praying for you.

• Like 1

"Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all." (Psalm 34:19, my emphasis)

• Like 1

Praying for you!

1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 2:1

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: (I think this is the verse you were referring to).

Romans 8:1

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:35-39

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• Like 2