Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Good point, Clarence. It is for certain an all too common evil which we must all avoid by God's strength. Easier said than done sometimes due to our nature. 

Btw, nice to meet you. Welcome to Christian Writers! If you haven't yet, please head over to the Meets and Greets forum on this site to introduce yourself so I and the others can get to know you better. 😊

9 hours ago, Clarence said:

Pride is unknowingly man’s greatest idol

Jesus summed up the commandments with love others as ourselves and love God wholly. Why didn't he tell us to love ourselves? Because we love ourselves completely, so need no further instructions in that. We all excel at pride. :$

• Like 1

The opposite of pride is humility.

I take great pride in my humility.  I'm very proud of how humble I am.  I don't think I know anyone who is as humble as myself.

• Haha 3

A deacon passes through the sanctuary. Suddenly, a beam of light illuminates a cross on the wall.

The deacon is awestruck and falls to his knees. "Lord, I am not worthy," he says. " Dear God, I am not worthy."

The senior pastor hears the heart-wrenching sobs.  While coming close to comfort the deacon, he, too, notices the halo-like reflection from the gilt cross.

"Lord, I am unworthy. Dear Jesus, I am not worthy."

The cleaning lady enters with her cart and tools. She kneels in a corner, as is her daily custom before setting to work.

"Heavenly Father, I ain't worthy but I got a job to do. Give me the strength to finish, and infuse this place with Your Holy Spirit. In Jesus's name, Amen."

The senior pastor turns to the deacon."Look who thinks she's not worthy."

• Like 1

Clarence, I hope you'll hop over to Meet and Greet and introduce yourself so everyone will know you are here and can welcome you. :)

• Like 1