Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
TDDracken

In Need of Some Support

I'm in need of a bit of support, guidance, and prayers.  Things have been rather hectic for a while now, but despite that I have published a short story compilation on various ebook platforms (Smashwords, Nook, Smashwords, Apple Books, and a few others), have about finished "Drifters: Origins" (my first novel) save for a few minor edits that have to be finished, gotten a start on my second novel, and continued building the number of short stories available on my blog, refined my website, and a few other things.

The thing is, that it feel like I'm in a rut of not being able to get anything to move forward in a meaningful way in terms of getting things published (at least as far as my children's book manuscript "Razmataz Rigamoraz: This is what I do!" is concerned).  It's become clear that I'm not cut out to do the self-published author route because while I have material to write tons of novels, I'm not good at the self-publicizing thing that self-publishing would require.

I could really use some support, guidance, and prayers to help me figure out where to go from here.

As a note, my website can be found here.  https://tddracken.wixsite.com/blog

Sure, I'll pray for you TDDracken.  I seem to remember owing you or someone like with your name a critique of your novel, but because of my stroke, I can't remember it for the life of me.  So, if it was you, I'm sorry I let you down.  Unless it was someone else with a similar name!

Nice website, by the way!

Edited by suspensewriter

Praying for you! 

1 hour ago, TDDracken said:

I have published a short story compilation on various ebook platforms (Smashwords, Nook, Smashwords, Apple Books, and a few others), have about finished "Drifters: Origins" (my first novel) save for a few minor edits that have to be finished, gotten a start on my second novel, and continued building the number of short stories available on my blog, refined my website, and a few other things.

Congratulations!!!!!  :D 

12 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

Sure, I'll pray for you TDDracken.  I seem to remember owing you or someone like with your name a critique of your novel, but because of my stroke, I can't remember it for the life of me.  So, if it was you, I'm sorry I let you down.  Unless it was someone else with a similar name!

Nice website, by the way!

Yes, it was me, but that's fine and you're forgiven.  I understand how the stroke could make it harder to keep track of things.  I certainly hope and pray that you're experiencing some recovery.  Anyway, the first two chapters of the novel are available on my website if you still want to read some of it.

Edited by TDDracken

Lord, one of Your children is in need of Your help. I ask that you provide him with support and guidance to help him understand what he should do to spread Your word in a unique way. Show him Lord the path to use. Provide him the knowledge needed to continue. In Jesus name; Amen.

• Like 1