Jump to content

Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Sarah Daffy

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Recommended Posts

Went and saw this movie on my birthday. I know @Alley posted the trailer a while ago but the movie is now playing in theaters. It is an awesome movie. They aren't doing very well at the box office so I encourage you to go see it.  Here's the trailer.

 

 

Edited by Sarah Daffy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious what the movie is about. Obviously, Mr. Rogers. lol! 😊 But is it a biography, or?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

A journalist's life is enriched by friendship when he takes on an assignment profiling Fred Rogers. Based on the real-life friendship between journalist Tom Junod and television star Fred Rogers.

 

Edited by Sarah Daffy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice if they showed the big surprise the network did for Mr. Rogers. His trolley set used to be pulled by spring. One day they got with some train enthusiasts, and surprised him by replacing the trolley with an actual scale model that really ran.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see this movie. It is probably a good movie but my personal bias gets in the way.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bob Leone said:

I can't see this movie. It is probably a good movie but my personal bias gets in the way.

 

 

How do you mean that?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sarah Daffy said:

How do you mean that?

 

There are two actors that I cannot see past their political agendas: Jane Fonda and Tom Hanks. They are outspoken on all anti-christian topics (LGBTQ rights, Socialist views, same sex marriage, fake media attacks, man-made global warming, etc.) . I know that there are many other actors and actresses that hold these views, probably the majority of them. That's why whenever they express their opinions I turn them off, lol, otherwise I would never go to the movies. 

 

It makes me feel that if I go see them, knowing what and who they support, financially and vocally, that I am a partaker in their evil agenda. I know this is a little radical. And if someone wants to go see them that is fine with me. We all have liberty in Christ. 

Edited by Bob Leone
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're not portraying their views in the film, rather good characters in a good film that is much needed in today's world.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bob Leone said:

 

There are two actors that I cannot see past their political agendas: Jane Fonda and Tom Hanks. They are outspoken on all anti-christian topics (LGBTQ rights, Socialist views, same sex marriage, fake media attacks, man-made global warming, etc.) . I know that there are many other actors and actresses that hold these views, probably the majority of them. That's why whenever they express their opinions I turn them off, lol, otherwise I would never go to the movies. 

 

It makes me feel that if I go see them, knowing what and who they support, financially and vocally, that I am a partaker in their evil agenda. I know this is a little radical. And if someone wants to go see them that is fine with me. We all have liberty in Christ. 

I agree with you, Bob. I usually tend to try to avoid media and entertainment featuring people in support of such viewpoints, no matter who they're portraying in the movie. Not out of personal distaste, mind you, but because I just cannot in good conscience be in support of or watch someone who is not in coordination with God's word.

 

I never thought Tom Hanks looked like Fred Rogers, anyway! 😁

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Erin Cook said:

I never thought Tom Hanks looked like Fred Rogers, anyway! 😁

Actually, he is related to Fred Rogers. He recently found out. Not sure but heard he might be a Christian. (Tom Hanks)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sarah Daffy said:

Actually, he is related to Fred Rogers. He recently found out. Not sure but heard he might be a Christian. (Tom Hanks)

WHAT?! 😱

 

No way!! That's incredible!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never heard of Jane and I've only watched four movies that Tom played in. Toy story, Toy story 2, Toy story 3 and Toy story 4. Lol.

Edited by Micaiah
misspell
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sarah and Erin, I looked it up. Tom Hanks switches from religion to religion. He's been a mormon, greek orthodox, etc.

Edited by Micaiah
misspell
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 8:43 PM, Sarah Daffy said:

Actually, he is related to Fred Rogers. He recently found out.

 

 

Here's the story on that: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tom-hanks-related-fred-rogers/

 

Quote

While it may be “true” to say that Hanks and Rogers are related, phrasing their relationship this way is a bit misleading.

 

We found varying estimates about just how closely related sixth cousins really are, but the general conclusion was that these “relatives” were very distant. For instance, a study by Ancestry DNA in 2014, based on British birth rates and census data, found that the average person in Britain had about 175,000 sixth cousins.

 

While it’s true that Hanks and Rogers are related, they are distant cousins who probably don’t share much in terms of DNA.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.