Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
yawarakai

Floating at work

My regular account has no work at the moment (or not enough to sustain us and the police who work it), so I am floating.  The problem is I am making less while floating as most the accounts are shopping centers and unarmed.  My checks are $200 - $500 less for two weeks even when I am pulling overtime.  This week I have to contact two of the companies I have to pay to see if I can push the payment back 2 weeks until my next check.  And then the next check I hope with the holiday hours I have enough to make the payments to all the bills.  Fortunately I paid off my car last month so that is $330 a month I do not have to pay.  I am hoping the work picks back up at my main main account soon so I can get back to paying down debt instead of juggling bills.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this   . Praying that more work will come your way . It can be a very expensive time of year . However we have trimmed our present giving so I only spend about $100 total ! Most of it on little grand daughter 💖😆

Check government programs at every level -- federal, state, and local. When we needed help, we found a local program that paid our heating bill one month. (Really helps save on the other three months.) We found a federal program that took over our mortgage, until we could pick it up again. (Granted, it was a second mortgage later.) We found a local program that could fix some of our electric and plumbing problems for free.

Then call your utility companies to see how they can help you out. Both our electric and heat put us on programs that evened out the bills through all 12 months, so it was more manageable. AND the electric company did an audit of of house that netted us a 10-25% decrease in our bills when we applied their concept. Added to that, since our fridge and a/cs were getting dangerously close to becoming historic artifacts, (OLD. I'm talking REALLY old), they gave us new ones, which used less electricity.

Also, if worse comes to worse, it is better to ask poor friends/family for money than rich friends/family. Poor people are more willing to give than rich. And do NOT ever ask someone for financial help, unless you are ready to forgive-and-forget if they say no. It cost a lot of time praying that you won't hold the grudge later. And when I say that I'm also including the church.

Being broke is a tunnel, not a cave. There is always the-other-side. If not in this world, in eternity.

• Like 1

Father in heaven, a faithful brother in Christ has a financial need. The seeds of faith have been planted, and we await the harvest. In Christ's name.

Check my praise report in Hacked! God is good!

• Like 1

No programs to help as I live with my elderly parents.  I cancel out help they can receive.  I do pay for some of their bills and buy groceries, the items my parents like but can't afford like tangerines, the last time i shopped i got 7 dozen eggs.  It just seems that everything is crashing all at once.  First no work, then the bills, then my best friend dies and I had to work a a night shift to go to his funeral (on 3 hours sleep)  Only the kids int he family get gifts this year, everyone else gets jelly

Try Salvation Army.  They sometimes help with utilities as well as clothing and food.  Also, Churches are very willing to help with food baskets, toiletries, gas money for your car and sometimes utilities this time of year.  They may even find work for you.  Can you get food stamps? Praying God opens doors all around you--including work wise.

"Elderly parents" then includes programs for "Aging," "Seniors," etc. You'll be surprise what the government gives just because we got old too. 

And I know it digs under our skin, but don't dismiss Welfare. You're making too much to get money from them, however, isn't it nice to know you're making too much for a change? xD But they give one of the best, (if not The Best) healthcare packages around -- Medicaid. And it sounds like you do qualify for food stamps. Use the money you save on food to pay bills, and then you can buy 6 tangerines AND 7 dozen eggs. 

If we hadn't gone on Welfare for 1.5 years, hubby would be dead, and I'd be living in our old 1995 Saturn.

Gen. 20:19 But Joseph said to them, “Do not fear, for am I in the place of God? 20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today. 21 So do not fear; I will provide for you and your little ones.” Thus he comforted them and spoke kindly to them.

God has provided us Welfare for times like this. No shame in taking what God provides. After all, everything we have is what God provides.