Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Guest N R

The key to a high word count

17 minutes ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

IGnore typoo's and mispelingks.

This had to be hard to type and not correct. ;)

Guest N R
22 hours ago, Johne said:

This had to be hard to type and not correct. ;)

I really wanted to find the film clip of the guy with half a mustache who says "You have... no idea." But that would send the whole thread into a Mel Brooks tangent.

Guest N R
15 hours ago, Claire Tucker said:

Sounds easy... On paper. Will definitely put this into practice with the extra scenes and subplots I need to add into my WIP. Thanks for sharing, @Nicholas Reicher :)

You're welcome - I have a whole system I'm sharing in dribs and drabs.

On 11/25/2019 at 5:48 PM, Nicholas Reicher said:

Do not mix. This slows you down DRASTICALLY, because you literally have to switch gears. All you know is you experience momentary confusion, and everything slows way down as your body shifts from operating in one sphere of your brain to the other.

So, so true! Because my day job is the analytical side I have an extra hard time getting her to keep quiet when it's time to create a mess, but it's hopeless if I don't!

Your approach to a major writing session sounds like the way I would do it--if I ever get the nerve (and time) to try my hand at fiction again.