Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

The account to which I deposit my paycheck has been depleted. Neither my wife nor I use this account for online purchases, but someone has in the past two days.

A prepaid debit card like this account is not an insured deposit. 

We are taking the necessary steps to ensure our other accounts are secured.

• Sad 2

Sorry to hear that. I hope you are able to recover the funds as is possible sometimes.

• Like 1

Still in progress. ( Filing charges, closing accounts, etc.)

No more losses as of now. It's a good chunk of change and a reminder to be vigilant.

• Like 1

If you're looking for great service and attitude (and security), I'd highly recommend USAA. It's a wonderful bank.

• Thanks 1

E Clay Rowe:

If these are recent hacks. Your bank could investigate this. It happened to me and I asked my bank to do the work for me. They restored my funds. 

• Like 1

Status report: The card company refunded the overdraft charges as a first step, and issued a new card. We have to keep the account open while they continue to investigate. 

Somebody in California has new furniture, but neither my wife nor I know anybody in California well enough to buy them new furniture with our rent money. But I have a pretty good nest egg for retirement and I could cover that expense easily. ( The rent, anyway. If God calls me to buy furniture for a random stranger, He'll need to talk really loud!)

• Like 3

Oh, dear. Hope the furniture is lumpy and stinks and makes them miserable! :confused::mad: Hope it all gets straightened out and you're safe.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2019 at 9:48 AM, lynnmosher said:

If you're looking for great service and attitude (and security), I'd highly recommend USAA. It's a wonderful bank.

They are a great bank. When my wife passed away USAA had a grief counselor call me to check in on me a couple of times. All my other banks (WF and BOA) just wanted to make sure her name was off my account.

Best of luck with sorting this out and preventing it happening again. I’ve had a few minor events with apple saying I have paid for something I never ordered ( e.g . A Fishing Magazine subscription !) then luring

me into cancelling it by asking for all sorts of personal financial I.e credit card details and more ! So I’ve just ignored this and thankfully no  $ have come out of my VISA account . These scammers are getting more and more sneaky.

• Like 1

I am so skeptical of phone calls and 'junk' mail solicitations that I only answer the phone when I actually know who it it calling. (Thank God for caller Id!) Those things that come in the mail that are not things I asked for or have a return address I do not know, I will peruse them and black out our names and address and file them into the file 13.5--my current recycle bag.

• Like 1

And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the   caterpiller, and the palmerworm.."

Joel 2:25

And much faster than I expected! 

• Like 1