Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
suspensewriter

Prayers for My Brother

Hey, I just spent all day today in the hospital with my brother, who had a CT scan on his head, 9 vials of blood taken, two eye doctors checking his eyes, and finally an MRI taken on him.  He woke up at 3:30 a. m. with a terrible headache and double vision in one eye.  So, anyway, to make a long story short, I'd appreciate it if you'd pray for him.

• Like 3

My prayers are for all of you.  I know you are a strong man of God and that you know how to stand on his word.  Yeshua took those stripes for your brother, too.  The bible says so and our God doesn't lie.  So, we are all standing and believing with you.  May God keep you steady and give you peace and may you see miracles right before your eyes--tonight. :) Sent with love, Becky

• Like 2

Lord God, @suspensewriter is in need of Your provision, in particular healing for his brother. We ask Lord that You will place Your healing hand upon him. Guide the Dr's and direct them as You use them to do Your work of healing. 

Give everyone involved strength, wisdom, patience and peace of mind to think clearly and quickly. In Jesus name we ask with full assurance that You will answer us, Amen.

Edited by zx1ninja
  • Like 3

Sorry, SW. Just seeing this. Surely praying for a special touch of the Lord's presence and healing for your brother. 🧡

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your prayers.  They made a difference!  He will be discharged tomorrow.  He had a stroke in his right eye, but he is recovering!!

• Like 7

17 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

Thanks everyone for your prayers.  They made a difference!  He will be discharged tomorrow.  He had a stroke in his right eye, but he is recovering!!

Wow! Hubby couldn't see out of one of his eyes -- at least in the center of his vision. He could see everything but what he was trying to see. After a "mere" three months, it finally bugged him enough to go to the eye doctor. Ends up a blood vessel burst in the back of the eye. And his blood pressure was so high, that's what caused it. The eye doctor made him go to our primary doctor immediately, for fear a stroke was coming. I didn't know you could have a stroke in the eye, but I've often thought of how many other blood vessels in his head could have burst instead.

(After our primary prescribed him BP meds, she also tested his blood. When the results came back, we learned he wasn't depressed or dying. He had Hep C. So that burst vessel saved his life twice.)

Better that your brother went straight to the hospital rather than wait. And so glad to hear it was a minor stroke. God is so good to us, even when the scary happens.

• Like 1

A stroke in the eye.  I guess they can occur anywhere we have blood vessels.  We praise God for medicine and the proper application of it!  

Thank you for the privilege of joining you on this journey of prayer!