Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Nicholas Reicher

prayer request, but not urgent

This has been a horrible year for me. Things went bad at work, things went bad in my life, God's doing something with me, and I tend to get really cranky lately.

Can everyone pray that God helps me through this and returns me to the calm, happy person I try to be instead of the absolutely mean person I run the risk of being?

• Like 4

Surely praying, Nicholas, for peace and all you need. May the Lord bless you with a special touch of His presence. 

• Like 2

"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things." 

(Philippians 4: 4-8)

Edited by William D'Andrea
  • Like 2

Lord, one of your children, @Nicholas Reicher needs you. I ask that You provide him with Your presence, peace and understanding. Give him the insight to clearly see what it is You need for him to do and/or learn. Provide him the calm he needs to be an effective soldier on Your army. I ask this and fully expect that You will provide all this and even more to him until his cup overflows with your abundance. Keep him safe, Keep him in Your hands. In Jesus name I ask, Amen.

• Like 3

Lord, we are mean, cranky, horrible people. This comes as no surprise to you, but it keeps surprising us. We try and try to become the people you want us to be, and fail and fail. Please keep nudging us to remember where that good, calm, content-in-all-things part of us lies. Not in us. In your Holy Spirit through us. And if nudging doesn't work? However you can get our attention. We are stiffed neck still. Please make the neck malleable, as well as our hearts, spirits, and minds. You promised you'd make yourself a people. Your will, your way to make us those people. (But please be gentle sometimes. This reshaping is hard.)

Amen.

• Like 3

Just now, Nicholas Reicher said:

The last 76 hours have been horrible.

Really sorry to hear that...  I'll keep praying!

• Like 1