Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Bob Leone

Happy Veterans Day Monday, Nov 11, 2019

Happy early Veterans Day! I'm all nerves because I have to get up eeeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrrlllllllyyyyyy to cover my local Veterans Day parade for the paper tomorrow. At least I don't have to interview anyone! 😊

• Like 5

We call it Remembrance Day in Canada.  Schools all had an assembly today and a holiday on Monday.  Poppies abound.  

God bless the families of those who have died protecting us.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Nicola said:

God bless the families of those who have died protecting us.

Yes, amen, Nicola!

And thank you, Bob! :D

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Nicola said:

We call it Remembrance Day in Canada.  Schools all had an assembly today and a holiday on Monday.  Poppies abound.  

I saw this in London once; a nice touch.

• Like 2

My dad served in the Army for four years and worked with Pershing missiles, which I don't believe exist anymore. One of my uncles also served in the Vietnam war, and my grampa on my mom's side joined the Navy just after WWII ended; he was only seventeen years old! His father served in both World Wars, and I have many relatives that foo way back who served on both sides of the Civil War. We're a military family! 😊 Happy Veterans Day to them all!

• Like 1

In NZ we don’t do Remembrance  Day ( as I did in Britain .) We do ANZAC Day in April which commemorates all the sacrifices made by Australian and NewZealand servicemen and women in several wars.

My grandfather was killed in WW1 and my uncle in WW2. My dad was in the RoyalNavy and myMum was in the Army and recieved an MBE for her bravery during 3 years service in Italy.(She wrote a  book about her war time experiences and earlier life.)

• Like 2