Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

seriously. It's the tie of year when everyone tries to force pie on you.

Okay.

gritty crust like substance with something good (or often, something not good in it).

Can we SKIP the gritty substance and just have the good stuff?

Pumpkin - OK!

Apple - no. Ecch. Really. I don't like apple pie.

Cherry pie - okay! Except scrape it off the nasty crust stuff

Blueberry pie - same.

mince meat pie - I won't. No. Against my religion. Everyone in hell has to eat mince meat pie, I think I can prove it from the gnashing of teeth verses.

• Haha 5

My wife is a Southern girl. Pie crusts and biscuits are superb.

If she isn't working on my birthday, I get salmon pie, a poverty meal that I love. The extra crust is a cinnamon roll, like rugelach (spell please? Grammarly hasn't a clue.)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

gritty crust

Ooo...you've never had a good crust! I don't blame you for not liking it. Most crusts are awful. The crust will make or break a pie. A good crust can even be slathered in butter and cinnamon and sugar and baked. Oh...my...gosh! Now I'm drooling! So good that way. :D

• Like 3

I love pie.  All kinds, sweet and savoury.  

You will be very healthy, Nicholas, for leaving the crust out.  We have a Keto crust that we make.  Not as good as rich buttery pastry, but better than the cardboard one buys at the store. 

• Like 2

Nicholas, now if you also hate turkey, rice stuffing, taters -- mashed or sweet -- Brussels sprouts, and carrots, consider yourself invited for dinner.

More for us to eat. xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

Pumpkin - OK!

Apple - no. Ecch. Really. I don't like apple pie.

Cherry pie - okay! Except scrape it off the nasty crust stuff

Blueberry pie - same.

mince meat pie - I won't. No. Against my religion. Everyone in hell has to eat mince meat pie, I think I can prove it from the gnashing of teeth verses.

Crust doesn't really bother me that much; it's funny because on most other points I'm in total agreement with you! I love pumpkin pie, but apple pie is just ... gross. No offense. You probably agree with me: it's the texture, right? It's too icky and gritty and it has apple chunks in it!!! 😝 I love most apple stuff, but I hate apple pie so much that I don't really understand why so many people like it so much. Cherry pie ... YUCK!!! I hate cherry anything; too many cherry flavored medicines growing up forever marred my tastes for anything even remotely cherry related. The only cherry flavored delicacies I'll tolerate are cherry Dum-Dums or cherry Icees. Blueberry ... YUM!!! I love blueberry! (If it's not tart, that is.)

I've never eaten a mincemeat pie, but my mom has; she hates it like she hates ocha -- green tea! I'd have to try one personally to develop my own opinion on it. 

My mom's favorite pie is key lime; I made her one from scratch when I was a little girl. She loved it! Lemon meringue is also good, and then there's the matter of French silk or banana cream.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Erin Cook said:

My mom's favorite pie is key lime; I made her one from scratch when I was a little girl. She loved it! Lemon meringue is also good, and then there's the matter of French silk or banana cream.

How about chocolate silk? A friend of ours made one for us years ago. I still remember how good it was!

I like pretty much any kind of pie. (with the exception of never having mincemeat. Although I do like blueberry, I will only eat it homemade on account of getting one from the store once that was just downright awful! The filling was all stuck together, you know, kinda like how jelly comes in a jar, and it made me sick. I'll stick to homemade!)

• Like 1

Chocolate silk is delicious!!! I forgot to mention that one!

Wow, Sarah, that "bad ol' store pie" sounds just wretched; I'd stick to "good ol' home pies", too, if I were you!

I remember a pack of Barilla pasta my mom bought once for dinner; when she brought it home and opened it, it was all defective and black-looking! Talk about gross.

We've eaten Creamette ever since. 😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EClayRowe said:

My wife is a Southern girl. Pie crusts and biscuits are superb.

If she isn't working on my birthday, I get salmon pie, a poverty meal that I love. The extra crust is a cinnamon roll, like rugelach (spell please? Grammarly hasn't a clue.)

Rugelach and Babka are the two rare Jewish delicacies. There's not a whole lot we have to offer in terms of fine dining, but those two really are it.

That and hummus.

• Like 2

I've had good pie crusts - but if you ask me if I want cake or pie, the answer is cake. I just really don't ever think, "Hey, I'd like pie." I usually scrape the crust clean.

Yes, I like turkey. Thanksgiving is usually a big holiday in my house. I don't think we gave it up even when I was a chassid.

Just no pie.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

Just no pie.

No pumpkin pie? Chocolate silk? Lemon pie? Keylime?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

Rugelach and Babka are the two rare Jewish delicacies. ... That and hummus.

Oh, yummy! Times three! :D

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sarah Daffy said:

Ahhh, man! You're missing out!

Ooh! Ooh!

Pecan?

Pecan is tasty!! How'd I forget to mention that one? 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicholas Reicher said:

I can tolerate pecan pie. Better yet, scrape it off the crust.

Have you tried it with chocolate chips?

• Like 1

That's called Derby Pie! Woo-hoo! Yummo! Although it can only be called that when it's made by the trademarked company. It has other names. :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sarah Daffy said:

Have you tried it with chocolate chips?

Wow! I've never heard of that before! I'll bet it's good.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Erin Cook said:

Wow! I've never heard of that before! I'll bet it's good.

The best!

Ooh! Bacon with chocolate?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sarah Daffy said:

Bacon with chocolate?

😳

Uhhh ...

Sounds interesting! Actually, that might be pretty good. 

My granny used to eat chocolate cake with a dill pickle when she was a little girl; just like her, I am a HUGE chocoholic; ironically, I enjoy eating cheese with my chocolate ... mozzarella is my favorite.

They make for a nice flavor contrast!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Erin Cook said:

love pumpkin pie, but apple pie is just ... gross. No offense. You probably agree with me: it's the texture, right? It's too icky and gritty and it has apple chunks in it!!! 😝

You'd probably like my apple pies then. I have yet to find the right type of apple, so most times I make apple pies, by the time it's baked it's applesauce pie. :$

• Like 2

Let's all let Nicholas not like pie. I already forbore with him not liking U2 and all the contemporary Christian musicians who try to reproduce their distinctive sound.

I'm from Maine and I don't like lobster. And I used to scrape the good stuff off the crust, because my beloved mother couldn't make decent pie crust. I like my mashed potatoes lumpy and gravy silky smooth

• Like 2