Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
KR LaLonde

First snow :(

Well, it's that time of the year again. November. My birthday month and the month when we most-commonly get our first snowfall. It never stays more than a day or two, melting as warmth gradually heats the day - slightly. But it's what I call fair warning that the real stuff is coming!

• Like 2

Ooo! Love it when it snows! It's second greatest beauty is the overwhelming quiet and peace when everything is covered. Ahhh! Kinda like God covering us, huh? :D

• Like 2

"God covering us." That's a great comparison!! I may use that in a story.

I tend to think more along the lines of: Snow brings difficult conditions for driving and walking alike. I won't be able to walk from one coffee place to the McDonald's or vice versa for months.

But yes. God covering the ugly world with His beauty (at least temporarily) is a wonderful thing.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 1:01 PM, KR LaLonde said:

😮

😕

It's st-sti-still there!!

You do know (I know you do) that the snow only melts when the temperatures go up! And that will happen, usually before June.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are suppose to get our first rain/snow mix Monday--much, too early for us.  It's been amazingly cold far too often already this fall.  it makes me concerned about the rest of fall and winter. 

Around here, people check out the persimmon seeds to tell the weather's future.  If you open one and the center shows a knife it means the winter will cut like a knife (cold as ice).  If it is a fork, the weather will be mild and some say light snow.  If it is a spoon (like a shovel) you will be shoveling heavy snow often. Well, this year the seeds all came up spoons.  I've never taken stock in old wives' tale predictions, but this time I re--ally hope they are wrong. 

Tuesday I have to ease my car to the mechanic in 18 degree weather as I pray he can fix it within my budget and nothing else will go wrong.  In the meantime I'm hitching rides to work.  I guess the plus side is; if it is icy I don't have to be the one driving.  In the meantime, I will stick with my own natural forecast; if the squirrels are extra busy gathering their nuts, it is going to be a long, cold winter.  If not we are ok.  Well, my front yard is covered in black walnuts, all free for the gathering and hardly a squirrel in sight.  Lord, I pray the squirrels win out over the persimmon seeds.  Seriously, In Jesus' name. Amen

Edited by Becky Bradley
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jacks girl said:

I love snow and hello KR :) 

We get lots of it each Winter. A couple of the more recent ones were warmer, but snow....

PS, Hello back!!

Edited by KR LaLonde
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 9:17 AM, lynnmosher said:

Ooo! Love it when it snows! It's second greatest beauty is the overwhelming quiet and peace when everything is covered. Ahhh! Kinda like God covering us, huh? :D

It is really beautiful.  Especially when we are all safe and sound in our homes with warm baking smells, plenty of provisions, time for writing and art and no place to go or responsibilities.  It's one of those "stop to smell the roses" times when God asks us to relax and share his creation with him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Becky Bradley said:

It is really beautiful.  Especially when we are all safe and sound in our homes with warm baking smells, plenty of provisions, time for writing and art and no place to go or responsibilities.  It's one of those "stop to smell the roses" times when God asks us to relax and share his creation with him

Ooo...YES!!! Where's the snow? Come snow, come! LOL 🤣

• Like 1

K. R., you are welcome to move to our southern region.  We are nice, friendly folks down here and the seasons are more even, pretty much three months each, and a lot milder than up north.  You just have deal with a few tornados is all. :D (Oh, well, I don't think there is any place without a slight flaw or two).   Anyway, it's a big south and awfully pretty--and CHEAP, too!  So, you could have your pick of any state you want. :D 

• Like 1