Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Just finished my first draft at 83'000 words. This is the most words I've managed to string together for a story. Now comes the hard work of edits and rewrites. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Claire Tucker said:

Just finished my first draft at 83'000 words. This is the most words I've managed to string together for a story. Now comes the hard work of edits and rewrites. 

Nah, That was the hard part. Reworking it is much more fun. (I hate editing, so I won't say that's fun though. o_O)

So congratulations. Now the fun begins!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good for you, Claire! 83,000 is an impressive word count. Are you going to be sharing any more on the Critique Forum? You kind of left us hanging, you know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations. That a serious milestone.  83K is not a small feat. 

I am sure you have been editing as you go along so, as already stated, the next bit is hard (kill your darlings and all that) but also very exciting and another stage on the creative process.

😀👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats! First edit should be a structure edit - making sure you have your plot builds in the right places, Act II starts at 25% of the way in page count, Act III starts at 75% of the way, Finale 90% of the way, etc.

Get this done first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Zee said:

Good for you, Claire! 83,000 is an impressive word count. Are you going to be sharing any more on the Critique Forum? You kind of left us hanging, you know. 

At the moment, no. If my manuscript were a boat, I wouldn't trust it to float its so full of holes.... I'd like to get those patched before I share more 

• Like 1

Well Done!  This is a huge milestone and I hope you have a party with those cookies Carolina sent.  

I’d put it in the bottom drawer for a month.  Give yourself some perspective.  Start the next story so you can have creative breaks between edits.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

That's the best idea I've heard yet, Nicola

What? The Party?  That’s almost as old as the bottom drawer idea.  I’m really just sharing the good I have learned on this forum.  But you know that! 

Maybe it’s the best idea, because it originated with you!

• Like 1

Congratulations, @Claire! I am so excited for you!! 🎉💜😊

• Like 2