Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
suspensewriter

Don't Fall For This

I got this in an email today, and I thought I should share this with you.  Don't fall for this!

Hi,

Good day! You created the right story with a captivating concept that will surely entice your audience worldwide, however, your current publisher wasn't able to explain to you that having the book published is not the end of the journey, you need to consistently market your book and let people know that it's available for them to buy for personal use or as a gift to someone special to them.

This marketing campaign is designed not just to capture your readers’ attention but also the book investors. The only consequence that I am sure of is the feeling of REGRET. Having it available on online distribution sites likes Amazon, and the like is a great idea, but not utilizing its capacity is a waste of time and effort. It is like putting a billboard in the middle of the desert.

So this is the right time to be prepared for any shortcomings, it is like an Army getting ready for a battle. So we need to get you equipped with a strong marketing campaign and solid credibility as an author.    

Your book was reviewed by 5 of our in house book critics. And they made a recommendation for you to have a special spot for the upcoming Tucson Festival of Books 2020 and get our newly restructured BASIC PUBLICATION PACKAGE.

They have read the synopsis of your book and they've seen the potential that this book will generate a dynamic exposure and will be the frontrunner of our company during the event.

Your book might be noticed as well by traditional publishers.

With this, we are willing to invest in your book title

Feel free to contact me via email at kim.kennedey@ecpublishingllc.com or you can also call or text me on my number +1 352 234-6218.

--

Sincerely,

Kim Kennedy
Senior Publishing & Marketing Consultant

116  South Magnolia Ave.
Suite 3, Unit  F* Ocala, Florida 34471 USA 
Direct Line: ‪(352) 234-6218
Toll Free Number: +1 888 483 3559
Customer Service Number: +1 352-644-6538

Fax Number: +1 800-483-1813  
Email Address: kim.kennedey@ecpublishingllc.com   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

get our newly restructured BASIC PUBLICATION PACKAGE.

Ugh. All for a very modest fee, I'm sure.

• Like 1

Yikes! With multiple boo-boos in writing, I wouldn't use them for sure! Thanks for posting this, SW. 🤞

• Like 1

Writers generally are not business oriented. Such "packages," as mentioned above, guarantee money to the service provider but not the author. I suggest everyone thoroughly research offers like this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

...however, your current publisher wasn't able to explain to you that having the book published is not the end of the journey,

Ugh! My current publisher never explained this to me!! I must call my lawyer to sue myself.

The only consequence that I am sure of is the feeling of REGRET.

I don't think regret is quite the right feeling

And they made a recommendation for you to have a special spot for the upcoming Tucson Festival of Books 2020 and get our newly restructured BASIC PUBLICATION PACKAGE.

I actually received a voice mail message about this, but my senior publishing & marketing consultant had a heavy Indian accent and spoke in broken English.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Sad that those work. That has red flag all over it. Thank you SW for the reminder.

Edited by zx1ninja
  • Like 1

massive run on sentence shows that, in addition to multiple erroneous comma uses, they attempted to string together mulitple thats that, despite erroneous comma usage, you couldn't really follow their, thought.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

Your book was reviewed by 5 of our in house book critics.

...but we can't even tell you what your book title is or what it's about.

And they made a recommendation for you to have a special spot for the upcoming Tucson Festival of Books 2020

...from...

Suite 3, Unit  F* Ocala, Florida 34471 USA 

Well, gee whiz! How can you not resist?

I get a kick that they have time for "5 house book critics" to do what all day? Read books that they are highly unlikely ever to work with and criticism them? I'd love to see the website where these 5 highly-accomplished "house book critics" post their criticisms.

Criticism is what people do with published books. Critiques or editing is what is done before the book is published.

Too funny. Thanks for the laugh.

• Like 1

No, seriously, I was driving through Ocala around 15 years ago, and (I think on Route 4) I saw the Del Mar Motor Lodge, where they filmed part of "Revenge of the Creature." Of course, I wanted to stop and look, but no, driver didn't want to stop.

Also, attorney Ricou Browning lives there - that was the underwater Creature guy.

On 11/7/2019 at 12:26 PM, Nicholas Reicher said:

I wanted to stop and look, but no, driver didn't want to stop.

Also, attorney Ricou Browning lives there - that was the underwater Creature guy.

Maybe he didn't realize it was only a movie and thought it was true.