Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BKHunter

Al Baghdadi Killed in Syria

If you're following the news today, the U.S. just killed Al Baghdadi, the self-declared "Caliph" of Islamic State, in Syria. If you're anywhere in the Middle East (or Europe, for that matter), the next few days might be a good time to avoid crowds, etc.

27 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Yeah, I saw the news this morning. I think it's scary no matter where one lives. o_O

Yes, nowhere is really safe anymore.

LOL So sorry, SW. But if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it will eventually walk like a duck somewhere it shouldn't. o_O

34 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

LOL So sorry, SW. But if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it will eventually walk like a duck somewhere it shouldn't. o_O

So Everybody Duck now!

On 10/27/2019 at 11:11 AM, BKHunter said:

If you're following the news today, the U.S. just killed Al Baghdadi, the self-declared "Caliph" of Islamic State, in Syria. If you're anywhere in the Middle East (or Europe, for that matter), the next few days might be a good time to avoid crowds, etc.

We had him in Gitmo but released him under the last president.  😑

Oh good it worked ! I was just saying , in a nut shell ( I am pretty nutty !) that I’d run the children’s program at church and I took the Good Samaritan as my theme . They acted it out which was fun and we talked abou

Oops ! Who is my neighbour etc .

Then yesterday I heard the news from Syria and whilst we are pleased the leader of ISIS is dead I don’t think this will bring peace to the Middle East . Also I felt sick when I heard the way President Trump described the way he died like a dog , whimpering etc .

In a way I think it would have been better if he had been captured alive and made to face justice and reveal info . re ISIS plans .But I am not a military  or terrorist expert ! 🤔

They got the guy who was supposed to replace him too. (Just confirmed this morning.)

As for whimpering like a dog? Considering he televised multiple executions, there is no earthly justice for him. Scary thing is he just met his eternal justice though.

I think he was even more evil than Bin Laden. His last act of murder was to kill three of his children when he detonated his suicide vest.

Yes I agree with both of you but it says in the Bible that 2 wrongs don’t make a right and we should love our enemies , hard as that is .
I can think of many heinous killings ( e.g the Holocaust ) perpetrated by non Islamists .

Extremism in any form is terrible and leads to horrendous acts - white suprematism - horrific  murders ( also live streamed ) in Christchurch Mosques this year...

On the bright side there are more Muslims converting to Christianity than ever before .

When I was president of our college's chapter of Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship, it was a diverse group of students that included members of a Hutterite community, ROTC students,  young people from both traditional denominations and home churches. We merged with another group, African American students from a large inner-city church.

So there were extreme pacifists and National Guard members, liberals and conservatives, grassroots organizers and insurance company execs looking for continuing education credit.

So what did we have in common? A love for the Lord Jesus Christ and a desire to glorify God.

It's a new kind of war in the Middle East. The end of one threat is not more than a temporary setback for the true adversary. But I was curious so I skipped ahead to the last page.

Maranatha. Even so, come.

Guest N R
On 10/27/2019 at 2:10 PM, William D'Andrea said:

So Everybody Duck now!

Duck... and cover!!!

Now I've got that song in my head.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.