Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
EBraten

Writing Excuses Podcast

I mentioned this in another thread a while ago, but does anybody listen to the Writing Excuses podcast with Dan Wells, Brandon Sanderson and Mary Robinette Kowal? I have just started season 10. They give weekly writing prompts, but in this season they began doing them in a more structured way because, as they put it, if you do all the weekly exercises/prompts, you will end up with a year-long masterclass of directed writing exercises.

I am absolutely loving it so far! Caveat: they're not Christian authors, and I'm not recommending everything they say and all the books they think are worth reading, but there is a lot to learn about writing craft. I'm trying to do one podcast/writing exercise per week.

Here's the Season 10 archive which has all the weekly exercises. It's worth listening to the podcast episode before trying the prompt.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Johne said:

I've been listening to the Story Grid podcast

Incidentally, I've finally started reading The Story Grid. I've given up underlining the a-ha moments, because I'll just have to highlight the whole book.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, EBraten said:

Incidentally, I've finally started reading The Story Grid. I've given up underlining the a-ha moments, because I'll just have to highlight the whole book.

It's like you're reading my mail! I've got the whole thing going on - dog-eared pages, highlighter galore, and stuff underlined and circled and commented on throughout.

image.thumb.png.83ab1ff4ea66d455c9da8da399e4f08c.png

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Johne said:

It's like you're reading my mail! I've got the whole thing going on - dog-eared pages, highlighter galore, and stuff underlined and circled and commented on throughout.

image.thumb.png.83ab1ff4ea66d455c9da8da399e4f08c.png

Well, geez, now I really do have to buy this book. Looking forward to it :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Futch said:

I really do have to buy this book.

Do it! And don't wait a year to read it like I did.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, EBraten said:

Do it! And don't wait a year to read it like I did.

Or three years like I did! ;)

• Like 1

Used and annotated copies available for purchase?  Because my sister's English Lit notes kept me at A+ and I only needed  a B+ on my term paper.

Edited by EClayRowe