Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Sarah Daffy

21 signs you're an INFJ

You should've heard my sister and I when we were running our characters through the test. 😄

• Like 2

While I don't play around much with fiction these days, in the past, I've done it the opposite way; start by giving the character a Meyers-Briggs type, and projecting how that would influence their actions. 

It's actually easier to use the Keirsey Temperament Sorter, which uses the same 4 letter designations that Meyers-Briggs uses. But the detailed questionnaire for Keirsey is available to read, while the same for M-B is very zealously protected, legally. There are detailed personality descriptions that then tell a lot about how the character would act, and you can design the character for specific responses in critical story points. Once you have the basic type then, you can also make them act consistently, in more minor situations.

You don't have to follow them exactly, of course, but they sometimes suggest interesting actions, on your character's part, that you might not otherwise have considered. It's worth at least playing with, to look for possibilities. (Looking for possibilities is important to us N-types...)

• Like 1

Often i find myself building characters around an MBTI type. Their journey is to transcend rather than epitomize their type

Why are the bad guys always extraverts?

• Like 2

On 10/22/2019 at 4:13 PM, PenName said:

Anyone else take the Meyers-Briggs test as your character(s)?

I often do this for my main characters. I also found it really helpful to read about how the different personality types interact. Most of what I read made perfect sense for my characters and helped me flesh out their conflicts a bit more.

• Like 2

Wouldn't let me continue because I wouldn't opt in.

I know I literally am a genius. Not just Very Smart, but a Genius. I took the Mensa test (lost results), and the Torrance evaluation tests. My IQ is 174.

What my personality type is, no clue. I'm a NR I guess.

• Like 1