Awesome God! Awesome gifts!

Becky Bradley

I am starting to wonder if the section of the bible that says God will give the riches of the secular over to his people is coming true. (paraphrasing,of course).  In the last few weeks, a prayer partner had money returned to her so she could pay all of her rent and her landlord literally gave her a car!  Also, another prayer partner, who had just received a clean bill of health after getting breast cancer, needed to be able to bring her elderly mother from California here to take care of her.  Someone in her church gave her a van!  Then my landlord knew I needed a new washer and gave me a perfectly working one from a house he flipped.  He had also given me a dryer, but mine was still working.  A Christian neighbor in her 70s who is raising 4 young grandsons was needing a working dryer, so guess who go that? :D   Today, my landlord offered to give my son-in-law a car he had obtained from the same house flip.  It is in perfect working order and all my son-in-law has to do is about a day's work of flooring on one of his houses!  My daughter and son-in-law had no money to spare and were trying to figure out how they can afford a car of their own.  They have been using mine, but we have been concerned about how well it is doing, so I asked members of this group to pray a few days ago.  How's that for an answered pray?  PTL! and thanx guys! :D 

I don't know if my landlord and the other landlord are Christians or not.  My landlord is not very forthcoming on that, hence the reference to secular riches being turned over to God's people, but their actions are very generous, indeed, and I think they bowed to the prompting of the Lord. :D 

Amen!

On 10/22/2019 at 7:36 PM, quietspirit said:

God uses those around us, regardless of whether they belong to Him to meet the needs as He sees fit.

Don't I know it, QuietSpirit.  My father-in-law was adamantly against God, though we had no idea why.  Each year he would send us a Christmas check, but warn us that if he ever heard of us giving any to a church he would never send us anything, again.  Well, there are ways of getting around that and he never caught on.:D  

One day he showed up at the door and demanded my husband go with him.  He was not a kind man and certainly not the kind we could ask favors from.  So, his appearance unnerved my  husband, but I got very excited.  I just knew God was up to something.  I'd seen him pull off so many miracles in our marriage and I knew he had this one covered, too.  So, I put on our last meal, a pot of beans, and danced around the house, singing praise songs.   Sure enough I burnt the beans.  A couple of hours later they came back with packages upon packages of food and supplies.  My father-in-law never explained why he did it and never did it, again.  Nor did he ever become a Christian--he let that fact be known in his last moments.

On 10/19/2019 at 9:47 PM, Becky Bradley said:

I am starting to wonder if the section of the bible that says God will give the riches of the secular over to his people is coming true. (paraphrasing,of course).  In the last few weeks, a prayer partner had money returned to her so she could pay all of her rent and her landlord literally gave her a car!  Also, another prayer partner, who had just received a clean bill of health after getting breast cancer, needed to be able to bring her elderly mother from California here to take care of her.  Someone in her church gave her a van!  Then my landlord knew I needed a new washer and gave me a perfectly working one from a house he flipped.  He had also given me a dryer, but mine was still working.  A Christian neighbor in her 70s who is raising 4 young grandsons was needing a working dryer, so guess who go that? :D   Today, my landlord offered to give my son-in-law a car he had obtained from the same house flip.  It is in perfect working order and all my son-in-law has to do is about a day's work of flooring on one of his houses!  My daughter and son-in-law had no money to spare and were trying to figure out how they can afford a car of their own.  They have been using mine, but we have been concerned about how well it is doing, so I asked members of this group to pray a few days ago.  How's that for an answered pray?  PTL! and thanx guys! :D 

I don't know if my landlord and the other landlord are Christians or not.  My landlord is not very forthcoming on that, hence the reference to secular riches being turned over to God's people, but their actions are very generous, indeed, and I think they bowed to the prompting of the Lord. :D 

Wow, so amazing, Becky! Praise the Lord!! 😁

Yes, this Bible promise is true. Just wait for the Believer's Judgment. That's when the payoff really happens!

I'm going to go buy crayons that day! The whole kit with all the colors, and the display stand!

1 hour ago, Becky Bradley said:

and what would you do with the crayons, Nicholas? :)  I take it you are an artists?

No. But hey, it sounds like a great thing to spend the wealth of the wicked on.

Yes, he is good Paula. :D  I wish everyone could open their eyes and see all the wonderful blessings he has for us instead of chalking them up to luck, coincidence, or deliberately turning a blind eye to all that he does.  He deserves our praise.  I wish everyone could see that.

Archived