Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
TDDracken

Urgent and Large Prayer Request

Despite all the problems that have been going on that impact me directly, something has come up that suddenly dwarfs all the concerns that I could have.  PG&E (The Pacific Gas & Electric company) in California has cut off power according to their plan to reduce the risk of wildfires.  This plan involves cutting off electricity in at-risk areas, and as I type this, there are hundreds of thousands without power or water with on a single days notice.  This could potentially spread even further.

My mother-in-law's family is in Northern California.  They have almost no food or water.  Gas prices have shot up.  Stores and empty and businesses are closed.  Hospitals are running on generators with limited fuel.  There are people on life support and reliant on power to keep them alive.

People WILL die if power is not promptly restored.  Power is expected to be off for six more days.  Spread the word and pray!  Whether by Twitter, Facebook, or email ... the word needs to get out!

Edit: The power could be off for up too six days.  That it even got shut off at all is ... sickening.  Simple preventative measures on the company's and California's parts are all that would have been needed.  It's downright irresponsible to cut off power.

Edited by TDDracken
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Yes, a friend of mine in CA told me about this earlier today. Truly a disaster waiting to happen. No stoplights or anything else on top of it. Our second son lives in L.A. Hope they don't make the outage wider. Praying for you. And everyone.

• Like 1

I try not to get political, but this is happening because of leftist policies.  They've refused to allow new power infrastructure to be developed, they have destroyed water reservoirs within California and have to pump water in from out of state in many areas, they shut down the timber industry and don't allow for controlled burning so the forests go untended and could go up like a bomb in hot seasons.

The best hope these people have, besides fervent prayer, is to spread the word that leftist policies have brought about Venezuela on American soil.  Pressure needs to be brought on both California and PG&E to force them to act before too many people die.

I know it sounds a bit far-fetched, but my mother-in-law has been in touch with some of her family about what things are like where they are.

It could get very bad if the power isn't on quickly.

Edited by TDDracken
  • Like 1

I didn't know about this, so thank you for bringing it to our attention. Praying here, too.

• Like 1

As a Californian, my heart is breaking for my state. We are a monetary mess in many ways. However, I understand that PG&E does not want a repeat of what happened in Paradise. I have many family members and friends affected by the devastation of that town. Would it have never happened if things have been managed properly? We will probably never know, but it is a possibility that must be examined. So, for now, they shut off the power. 

Friends, pray for my state. We are in a situation that is difficult in so many ways.  💛

Thank you, @TDDracken, for posting this. 

Edited by PenName
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Update!  Power came back on over night!  There's still business losses and any food that was kept in freezers has probably gone bad ... supply chains disrupted ... This should never have happened and PG&E could possibly do it again.

@PenName And yes, it could have been prevented.  If California still had logging, the companies could be tasked with maintaining roads through forests that could be used to respond to fires and make fire buffers around towns.  Controlled burning and clearing of underbrush combined with the other things would virtually eliminate the chance of unstoppable fires happening. 

Also, during the last wildfire outbreak (and this news comes from people who were on the front lines) officials prevented fire-lines from being made on 'public land,' so the fires simply spread around fire-breaks on private land and kept going.  The list of things goes on.

Edited by TDDracken
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks for the update! I'm so glad the power is back on. I'll continue to pray this won't happen again.

• Like 1

Oh, TD, I'm so glad the power is back on. Thank you for updating us.

If you've kept the freezer door closed and it is full, the food will last 48 hours and 24 hours if it's half full.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TDDracken said:

The best hope these people have, besides fervent prayer, is to spread the word that leftist policies have brought about Venezuela on American soil.  Pressure needs to be brought on both California and PG&E to force them to act before too many people die.

I've been watching the TV News reports, and praying for everyone caught in this man made disaster.

I've also been thinking, "Warm up your lawyers PG&E!"  Oh, are they gonna get sued.   Also, if anyone dies as a result of this, could criminal charges, such as Criminally Negligent Homicide, be brought against the individuals responsible?

It looks like the time has finally come for the Leftist Politicians to stop blaming everyone who doesn't go along with everything they say and do, and begin to accepting personal responsibility for their actions; less than four weeks before Election Day.

• Like 1

I will be praying for your mother-in-law's family and everyone that is effected by this too.

• Like 1

I just saw this thread; I am so so so GLAAAAADDDDDD the power is back on!!!! Praise the Lord! I will keep praying that it stays on and that those dim-witted, communist lefties behave themselves out there.