Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Prayer request for a bad migraine off and on the past few days. Thanks. 💗

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Lord, Your daughter is in need of healing from a migraine. We ask that You send the holy spirit to relieve her of the pain and heal her. We also ask that you provide comfort and peace to her and those around providing assistance. In Jesus name; Amen.

Edited by zx1ninja
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

Hi, everyone! Thanks for the prayers. I just got back from the doctor, and got worse from sunlight, riding in the car, and heat. Will appreciate your continued prayers. 💗

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

So ??? don't go to the doctor? Stay out of the sun and the car and the heat? Besides, you can't write in the car.

Well, I had an appointment. ( I think it was a follow up.) I got worse and so I needed to be checked out.

• Like 1

As someone who has chronic migraines, I have a few questions and a few suggestions. Some suggestions would be, go the spots section and buy some fishing glasses. The work better for migraines than regular sunglasses. You should wear them when you go into the sun. Don't wait for the migraine: try to stop it before it starts. Also, airflow helps some people. (Me included) Try a fan even if it is not aimed at you. Some people love heat, and others love cold. I'm guessing you'll be a cold person. Having something cold large enough to wrap around your neck to cover both your main veins can help. Some people do worse when drinking caffeine, and others do better. Keep an eye on your caffeine intake and how they affect your migraines. Blue light filters help with screen time. You can find free apps on almost everything. 

Ok, questions. Have they given you a magnesium drip yet? That is normally the first thing they do. Have you tried a steroid yet? Considering how this started, it might help. Five to seven days is usually all they give, but you usually know within 24 to 48 hours if it will help. Have they given you some prescription migraine meds yet? They are extremely rarely actually pain meds, and you need to talk with your doctor to see what other meds they interact with. Some over the counter meds mixed with them can be deadly, so ask ahead of time! Also, one thing they told me was to take one bynadrill (I can't spell!) everyday just as I go to bed. You might try that. 

Edited by Alley
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Alley said:

Ok, questions. Have they given you a magnesium drip yet? That is normally the first thing they do. Have you tried a steroid yet? Considering how this started, it might help. Five to seven days is usually all they give, but you usually know within 24 to 48 hours if it will help. Have they given you some prescription migraine meds yet? They are extremely rarely actually pain meds, and you need to talk with your doctor to see what other meds they interact with. Some over the counter meds mixed with them can be deadly, so ask ahead of time! Also, one thing they told me was to take one bynadrill (I can't spell!) everyday just as I go to bed. You might try that. 

This is helpful, thanks!
I don't have migraines normally but on account of a really bright screen (yes, I got worse because of stress, and they say to keep stress out) I got one off and on for several days, plus the car ride did not help. (but the doctor did.)

I have POTS, which is basically "Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) is a condition that affects circulation (blood flow). POTS is a form of orthostatic intolerance, the development of symptoms that come on when standing up from a reclining position, and that may be relieved by sitting or lying back down."

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sarah Daffy said:

Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome

I don't know too much about this one. So I'm sure you have been told anything I can think of. Still, if you every need advice on the migraine part of it, I'm always around. 😊 

• Thanks 1