Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Rasman76

New YA Fantasy Author here

Hi Everyone,

I just joined up and thought I'd make an introduction. I'm so glad to see a forum for Christian authors exists. I'm a copywriter (by day) and have had some success with screenwriting, but for the last four years I've concentrated on my first novel, The Soothsayer. It's a young adult fantasy with Christian themes and I'm hoping to find some beta readers who might give me some feedback.  I'd like to think its a bit of a mix between Narnia and Game of Thrones. Anyways, I look forward to meeting you all and hearing about your projects. 

Talk to you soon! 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Welcome. Will you self-publish it?

Hi Lucien,

Thanks! Well, I have mixed feelings on that. I know that self-publishing is viable way to get your book out for many authors but for the time being I'm trying to go the traditional publishing route. I've submitted to several agents and publishers already (the manuscript is complete at this point and has gone through a several line edits), and with one exception (that didn't pan out) I haven't found one yet. Have you tried self publishing? What are your thoughts?

• Like 3

Welcome to our writing family, Rasman. Glad you joined us. Be sure to check with us here before you sign any contract. There are many scammers out there. Also, if you do go trad/pub, you will be doing the bulk of the marketing yourself. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 3

Welcome, and pretend that this is a library. Poke around and see what you can find. Lots of helpful stuff here, as Lynn suggested.

• Like 3

Thanks. Well like I said I'm primarily looking for beta readers at the moment. I tried going to that subforum but it said I'm "too new a member" or something like that. How long a waiting period is there before I can access that?

• Like 3

When you hit the magic number of 10, and the site has had time to play catch up, you'll be able to post there. So hang in there! ;)

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Welcome, it's nice to meet you! 

1 hour ago, Rasman76 said:

Well like I said I'm primarily looking for beta readers at the moment

Most members like to get to know each other before agreeing to beta read. (Hence, the chaterboxes. Yes, I'm guilty!) Also, when you can access the critique forums, it is a great place to let others have a sample of your writing, to see if it is a good fit for them. The same as you will get a chance to read theirs and see if their writing is a good fit for you. 😊 

Edited by Alley
  • Like 3

Hi Rasman. Congratulations on finishing your book. The people in this forum are friendly, wise and willing to help so, I am sure you will find at least some of your needs addressed.  With that and the Lord's help, I  believe your book  will be well on its way to a success story.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Becky Bradley said:

Hi Rasman. Congratulations on finishing your book. The people in this forum are friendly, wise and willing to help so, I am sure you will find at least some of your needs addressed.  With that and the Lord's help, I  believe your book  will be well on its way to a success story.

Thanks! Well I can only hope and pray it does. 

• Like 1