Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
danielk

Ca someone please help with information about the issue of no financial proceeds from a published book ?

Hi everyone,

I wrote the book titled "Battle for your sacrifice" and published it via https://www.xinxii.com/

It has been more than a year and I don't have a single sale yet.

Can someone please give me an honest opinion about this situation ?

• Like 1

I agree with SW. It appears this company is a distributor only. They supply your book to other outlets. They do not market. Having a platform and marketing are up to you. And these two are the biggest part of writing. If you're not connected on social media, sorry to say your book will go nowhere. No one will know about it. :(

Daniel, I hope you'll hop over to Meet and Greet and introduce yourself so everyone will know you are here and can welcome you. :)

Hi everyone, my name is Daniel Kapeleti and I wrote "Battle for your sacrifice".

I am Bosnian writer writing in English.

Thank you for receiving me at this forum.

• Like 2

Thank you for comments about advertising. I recently made the project plan to carry advertising campaigns.

However, my ad campaign budget is zero.

Can someone please pray for the budget ?

• Like 1

Welcome, Daniel! Congratulations on writing a book and putting it out there. That's a huge achievement.

2 hours ago, danielk said:

Can someone please give me an honest opinion about this situation ?

Okay, you asked for honest. I looked at your book and what immediately strikes me is I couldn't tell what it's about. The cover doesn't give me any clues. The description looks as though it's a novel, especially because it's written in the third person. But when I looked on the inside, it's in the first person and appears to be a something like a memoir through which you share spiritual lessons.

From what I can see, you have a powerful testimony that would bless so many people! It just needs to be packaged better.

Marketing is probably the most challenging part of being an indie. Thankfully, there are lots of great resources. Advertising is only part of it, and I would not try to advertise until you have nailed your book description (blurb) and your cover. If you don't have the budget there are still a lot of other things you can do.

This site is a great place to start. It's got a huge number of resources you can look at.

Do you have a blog? I think that should be a key part of your marketing strategy, especially since this is non-fiction. A blog could help to drive traffic to your book.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 5:52 PM, danielk said:

Thank you for comments about advertising. I recently made the project plan to carry advertising campaigns.

However, my ad campaign budget is zero.

Can someone please pray for the budget ?

Find out what guerrilla marketing is. (Google "Guerrilla Marketing books" and then see which books would work for you.) I used the strategies for a business start up and hit profitable in a mere 18 months. (Usual time is 7 years.)

You don't need a budget. You need to invest time to learn and then do. I know my plan. It will cost me $11 a year, internet access, and 10-20 hours a week to keep working it. That should make a few sales, and then that money goes back to invest in snail-mail marketing.

Posted (edited)
On 10/7/2019 at 8:23 AM, CBV said:

My blog is full of great ideas on how to promote a book without spending a lot of money! You can check it out at https://www.marketingchristianbooks.com.

I couldn't get through on my phone and got a warning pop up. I'm using a Chrome browser.

Edited by EClayRowe
Needed

EBraten's post points out another difficulty for indie writers: a compelling cover. For each genre, the cover should be compelling and reflect the contents of the book. This requires an art background and I've seen too many book covers that look amateur and usually don't hit the mark as far as compelling. A good cover gets potential buyers/readers to look.

Next, the book's description should be a short, does not reveal too much description of what's inside to get people to consider buying.