Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
HLTassin

Full Circle

Hey everyone,

This seems to be a very friendly and informative site.  Thanks for having me!  Years ago (not gonna say how many, LOL) I wrote a book with a Christian theme about friendship.  Honestly, it probably wasn't very good, maybe even horrible.  But I wrote a few more novels, some mainstream, some romances.  Then we moved across the country for work, to Santa Fe, NM, which is a movie making town.  There I got into writing screenplays and had some success, placing in contests and meeting producers.  But alas, I never had anything produced.  

Now, years later, after another cross country move I find myself coming full circle!  I've written another novel about friendship.  Think Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood with a Christian theme.  After several drafts and much editing I'm not quite sure what to do with it. Now that I've found this site I'm hoping to learn and find guidance from my fellow writers.    

• Like 5

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. Congratulations on finishing your book. Be sure to check with us before you do anything about publishing. There are numerous scammers out there. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 3

21 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. Congratulations on finishing your book. Be sure to check with us before you do anything about publishing. There are numerous scammers out there. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 3

HLT, here's a tip for you: when you use the quote option, just go ahead and type beneath it in the same window. That way, they're kept together. ;)

• Like 2

Hi HLT,

Sounds like you were meant to write that story and just needed a little more experience.  The same sort of thing happened to me with my novel.  It is turning out so much better the second time around.  I suspect the same with you.  May you have a safe and happy journey on the way to the publisher and beyond.

• Like 2

Wow, thank you Becky!  That's very kind of you to say, and very encouraging!!  I'd love to hear more about your journey, if you feel like sharing :)

• Like 2

Hi HLT,

There's not much to say about my journey.  Though I concentrated on my art since childhood, I think there was an underlying need to write back then, too.  In between life I wrote several children's stories and one novel (that I ended up tossing--though I'm not sure I should have considering how successful 'Stargate' was and it was very much along those lines way before Stargate came out--hmmm).  That's ok, though, since SG1 turned out to be one of my favorite tv series so, I get to see it on reruns anytime I want. :)  The truth is, I didn't feel comfortable with all the demi-gods and didn't have the experience to write it.  But it was good practice.

As the years went by, I started my novel on the beginning of literally everything.  It's a historical fiction about the Creators, Satan's attempted coup and the fall of Adam and Eve (Chavvah). I finished it, but it was lacking.  Just as I was about to find time to redo it, my husband got cancer and died.  Between the troubles that came afterward, finances, and a whole new way of getting books to the agents and publishers, etc., my novel has been slo-ow going.  But I am so much more satisfied with it and I think the excess time is insuring a better chance at its success.

God is always with me, but I especially appreciate the time and help he has given me on this book since it is a book literally about him and Yeshua.

All I know is it is going to be published.  In fact, one of the scenes I did was based on an open vision I saw of it as an advertisement for a movie--a movie that does not exist.

• Like 1

Wow, Becky, I got chills reading the last paragraph of your post!  I also believe it's going to get published.  It's obvious from your moving post that you're a gifted writer.  I'm not sure if you've ever been told this before, but the way you write exudes a sense of peace and serenity.  Kind of a quiet, calm determination!! :)

Thank you for sharing your journey with me, and I'm sorry that you lost your husband and have endured so many struggles.  Our Lord Jesus Christ IS with you and His timing is wise and merciful and loving.  

Good luck with your writing - I expect to see your work in print someday!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HLTassin said:

Wow, Becky, I got chills reading the last paragraph of your post!  I also believe it's going to get published.  It's obvious from your moving post that you're a gifted writer.  I'm not sure if you've ever been told this before, but the way you write exudes a sense of peace and serenity.  Kind of a quiet, calm determination!! :)

Thank you for sharing your journey with me, and I'm sorry that you lost your husband and have endured so many struggles.  Our Lord Jesus Christ IS with you and His timing is wise and merciful and loving.  

Good luck with your writing - I expect to see your work in print someday!

.Wow, I've never been told that before.  It is probably the most beautiful compliment I've ever gotten on my writing. Thank you so very much for that and your encouragement and faith in my work.  God's blessings to you and yours.  Becky

• Like 2