Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
suspensewriter

I Just Got Lynn's First Newsletter!

11 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

I just got Lynn's first newsletter and it was cool!  Did any of you receive it?

Thanks, Lynn

Awww, that is so sweet of you, SW! Brings tears. Thank you! It's not perfect yet. Trying not to curse at MailChimp! LOL xD

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Nope, but I'd like to. 😊 @lynnmosher - How do people sign up?

Awww, sweetie, thank you! I appreciate that. I will add you to the list. I've had a terrible time trying to get it together. The font size and line spacing are not right yet. It's been giving me fits but I do have some hair left! LOL xD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Awww, you don't know how much that means to me! Bless you! Hoping to fix it so the next one reads a little better. You have made me day, SW! Thank you! :D🧡

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

If I haven't told you, Lynn-  I love it!

Agreed. 😊 If anyone hasn't yet subscribed, I highly recommend it. Lynn puts out an awesome newsletter!

• Like 2

I received it today. Nice newsletter!!! like it very much. 

Lynn please message me (if you don't want this to be public), about mail-chimp. What are the upsides and downsides of it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Leone said:

Lynn please message me (if you don't want this to be public), about mail-chimp. What are the upsides and downsides of it? 

Not to veer off topic, but I'm installing a program called Sendy that uses AWS to send email and much less expensive. Unless if MailChimp still offers a free plan, in which case Sendy won't be less expensive. lol!

If anyone wants to discuss mailing list software, please start a new thread (and feel free to tag me in it).

Don't mean to hijack, so I now return you to your regularly scheduled topic. 😄

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

MailChimp still offers a free plan

Yes they have a free plan up to 2,000 emails.

I will check out Sendy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob Leone said:

LOL No problem, Rebecca! That's good to know. I've never had enough subscribers so I've always used the freebie side.

Bob, MailChimp is rather confusing to use. The free side allows up to 2000 subscribers. I thought I'd switch over and try Mailerlite. Their freebie side is for up to 1000 subscribers. They're a lot like MailChimp so rather confusing. I got my newsletter finally all set but then I read that they discontinued their option for selecting a delivery time. So I had to switch back to MailChimp. It does take a while to get things set up.

If you use MailChimp, be sure to select your line spacing before you enter any text. I couldn't change it and I didn't like it. o_O

• Like 2

10 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

I just got Lynn's first newsletter and it was cool!  Did any of you receive it?

Thanks, Lynn

I didn't get one. Can I get on the list pleeeeeeese.

• Like 1