Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
KR LaLonde

The 1st of many

This book cover using one photo that a friend gifted to me is probably more fitting for a story about someone with a chronic illness/pain. The title pretty much demands that it be so, from what I can see. What do you think?

828962439_(KD)FightingthePain.thumb.jpg.c16f36bafa5be51297edfa9791e239a7.jpg

Also, how do i make the pictures I post smaller?!

• Like 2

As you might guess, this title is most-likely more suited for a book about daydreaming or endeavoring to leave one country for another located "across the way". Thoughts?

Alisa Hope Wagner- Cover.jpg

• Like 2

Both covers look great!  I especially like Beyond These Shores.  It's a good title too.  I think the story could be something about WWI or WWII.  Maybe the hero goes to fight overseas, leaving the heroine behind. 

• Like 2

Thanks.

I don't think I'd ever be able to write a story that serious. I never get that involved in things to do with battles and wars. Not to mention those 2 are fairly distant. ;) But I do think what you say works best. I wonder if any of my friends are writing a story like that? I'll ask.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

I don't think I'd ever be able to write a story that serious. I never get that involved in things to do with battles and wars.

You could always just have it from the heroine's POV only.  That would avoid all the battle scenes and everything. 

• Like 2

That's true.

The problem with me of all people writing this type of story is that I've never, ever lived through something like this. Except in movies and other books. I'll think about it, though. :)

• Like 1

Oh. Not to mention I have WAY TOO MANY book covers made. In essence, I wasted money to purchase photos and a photo-editing program. *shrugs*

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

The problem with me of all people writing this type of story is that I've never, ever lived through something like this.

You know, that's really not a problem.  WWII wasn't all that long ago, and we've got plenty of first-hand accounts to learn from.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

Not to mention I have WAY TOO MANY book covers made.

I like your covers :)  And you never know what God has planned for you in the future.  Maybe you'll be able to put those skills you learned making the covers to use. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess you're right. Though aren't most of the men/women who served kind of ... old by now?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

Though aren't most of the men/women who served kind of ... old by now?

Yeah, definitely.  But you've got recorded interviews, diaries, and the books they've written. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I thought it was too difficult of a subject for them to write about.

Not to mention getting those types of books in English is rather difficult. I hope I can get some church members' stories. I forgot to ask that when we were in the States last.

• Like 2

I'm going to start sharing book covers along with numbers so they can be more easily references. 😮;) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

I thought it was too difficult of a subject for them to write about.

Not always.  It helps some people to write about difficult times. 

• Like 2

I've seen that over the years. I've found writing to be therapeutic for the most part.

When it's not frustrating me beyond imagination.

• Like 2

I just thought of something for that cover.

Not everyone writes historical stories. I know I never have. It could be a look back from today so not everything is set in the past. Like an interview or something.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

It could be a look back from today so not everything is set in the past. Like an interview or something.

Good idea!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.